Well, we made it to the end of the year and hey guess what? The world did not end! Sorry Mayans, I guess you were wrong this time.
I don’t know about you all but I’m ready to kick 2012 out the door and welcome 2013. This year has been full of ups and downs. I, personally, have had many ups and downs in my life but managed to make it through.
We’ve witnessed yet another presidential election, had hurricanes and tornadoes and so many other natural disasters. We’ve experienced tragedies that I cannot even find the words to speak of. We’ve lost so much but have still managed to hold it together and move forward. I’m so ready to say goodbye to this year and hope that 2013 brings the world the peace that it desperately needs.
Since this is my last post of the year I’ve decided to share some positive notes and hopes for the future. Here are my personal highlights of 2012:
- Kaylee – In this year I’ve seen my baby grow into a toddler. She is not the same tiny little being that I brought home from the hospital. She walks and talks and does so much on her own. Kaylee is my greatest accomplishment of all. Without her, nothing else would be possible. She is the light of my life and my inspiration for everything that I do. I look forward to watching her grow with each passing day and thanking my lucky stars that I have her in my life.
- My blog – This blog was a major accomplishment for me. To be able to write to you all and share my thoughts and ideas is so great. I also love hearing your comments and kinds words. It makes me feel as if I have a whole bunch of new friends. I love being able to share with you all and hope that I can continue in the new year.
- Etsy – My Etsy shop has gained a lot of momentum since last year. I’ve gotten quite a bit of recognition and have met some great people along the way. This is another thing that I hope to be able to continue through the new year.
I’m not one to really make resolutions. I don’t want to change anything about myself because I like myself just the way I am. I just want to improve a little. I hope that for this coming year I can achieve some of my goals and if I don’t, it’s no big deal. At least I can say that I tried.
- Gain more blog followers
- Create more business opportunities for myself
- Expand my business
- Survive another year of grad school
- Meet new people and make new friends =)
- Have more fun
- Create new crafts and receipes
- Take more pictures
- Enjoy the little things in life
I hope that you all will share your goals with me because I would love to read them! Even if you think its silly, it’s good to have someone hear your goals and maybe even help you achieve them.
As we close out this year, I just want to leave you with a little tidbit: Don’t sweat the small stuff and always remember to take some time to appreciate what you have instead of crying over what you don’t.
Happy New Year to you all and may this year be better than the last!