Title: Knitted Scarves – Lace, Cables, and Textures
Published by: Martingale
Author: Sheryl Thies
Photographs by: Brent Kane
Knitted Scarves – Lace, Cables, and Textures by Sheryl Thies (author of Tunisian Crochet Today) contains eleven gorgeous knit scarf patterns for all skill levels. Plus, there are techniques for adding fringe, adding crochet to your knit work, and blocking your projects. Here is what is included in the contents of this book:
- Fish Net: A beautiful and simple open weave scarf pattern. Made with Bamboo from South West Trading Company in color 521 Chocolate.
- Kelp Forest: A fancy scarf with a ribbed seaweed pattern, perfect for men, women, boys, and girls. Made with Premier from Classic Elite Yarns in color 5297 Wood Fern.
- Mermaid Mesh: A delightful scarf stitched with a magical mesh lace pattern. Made with Strings of Pearls from Muench in color 4004.
- Ocean Currents: A beautiful stitch pattern that conveys the graceful movement of water. Made with Regal Silk from Art Yarns in color 115.
- Scallop Shells: A lace and wrap stitch scarf with a beautiful shell design and ribbed texture. Made with Svale from Dale of Norway in color 5403.
- Sea Cucumbers: A beautiful and rhythmic pattern of knits and purls. Made with Inca Alpaca from Classic Elite in color 1109.
- Sea Foam: A beautiful and lacy knit scarf, reminiscent of sea foam. Made with Gossamer from Karabella Yarns in color 6105 Ice Blue.
- Sea Horses: A cable stitch scarf with a coral lace, edged with a picot crochet stitch. Made with Cotton Twist from Berroco in color 8311.
- Turtle Tracks: A gorgeous scarf with vertical garter stitch scallops, reminiscent of turtle tracks in the sand. Made with Dune from Trendsetter Yarns in color 115.
Here are a few of the projects that you will find in this book:
Sea Foam (my favorite!)
These gorgeous knit scarf patterns are easy to read and there are patterns for all skill levels. At the end of the book, there are techniques for fringe, crocheting an edging, blocking. There is also a handy abbreviation guide and glossary to help you decipher stitch abbreviations.
You can purchase Knitted Scarves – Lace, Cables, and Textures from Martingale for $12.99 for the printed version + eBook or $7.99 for just the eBook.
I hope you will purchase this great book and try out all of the projects! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!