I have been receiving some feedback that the original Part 7 for the Wonder Crochet Blanket CAL was too open. I have written up the instructions for an alternate section to Part 7. You can find the original Part 7 here. For more information about the CAL, including the links to each blanket section, please visit the Introductory Post.
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Make sure to pop on over to Ravelry and join the Crochet With Us! Ravelry group for help and to share your progress!
For extra help, please see the photo tutorial in this post.
Wonder Crochet Blanket CAL Part 7 Alternate
ch(s) – chain(s)
CL – cluster
dc5tog – double crochet five stitches together
sc – single crochet
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
Approximately 3.5 sts = 1″
Approximately 2.25″ in height
- Yarn over, insert hook into indicated stitch
- Yarn over, pull up a loop
- Yarn over, pull through 2 loops
- Repeat Steps 1-3, 4 more times (you should have 6 loops on your hook)
- Yarn over, pull through all 6 loops on hook
- This pattern is written in US terms
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise noted.
- All color changes are made in the last yarn over of the last stitch of the row.
- Each CL counts as 1 stitch in the stitch count total at the end of the row.
Starting with Color A (or continuing in same color from last section)
Row 1: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into the next st, dc5tog CL into the next st, *1 sc into each of the next 2 sts, dc5tog CL into the next st** Repeat from * to ** across, turn. Change to Color B (165)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st across, turn. (165)
Row 3: Ch 1, dc5tog CL into the first st, 1 sc into each of the next 2 sts, *dc5tog CL into the next st, 1 sc into each of the next 2 sts** Repeat from * to ** across, turn. Change to Color C (165)
Row 4: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st across, turn. (165)
Row 5: Repeat Row 1, Change to Color A
Row 6: Repeat Row 2
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.