Welcome to Part 17 of the Wonder Crochet Blanket CAL!
This Wonder Blanket Crochet Along started on January 7, 2016 and will be completed on November 3, 2016. There are two sections being released each month on Thursdays. For more information about the CAL, including the links to each blanket section, please visit American Crochet for the Introductory Post.
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
For extra help, please see the photo tutorials below, after the written instructions.
Wonder Crochet Blanket CAL Part 17
- Category 4 worsted weight yarn in 2 colors:
- Size I 5.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
CL – cluster
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
tCL – twin cluster
sp(s) – space(s)
RS – right side
WS – wrong side
() – indicates stitch counts at the end of the row
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
Approximately 4 sts = 1″
Approximately 3″ in height
- This pattern is written in US terms
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise noted.
- All color changes are made in the last yarn over of the last stitch of the row.
Twin Cluster (tCL):
- [Yarn over, insert hook into designated st, yarn over, pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through 2 loops] 3 times in same st. (4 loops on hook)
- With 4 loops still on hook, sk the next st.
- [Yarn over, insert hook into designated st, yarn over, pull up a loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through 2 loops] 3 times in same st. (7 loops on hook)
- Yarn over, pull through all 7 loops on hook.
Starting with Color A (or continuing in same color from last section)
Row 1 (WS): Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into each remaining st across, change to Color B in last yarn over of last st, turn.
Row 2 (RS): Ch 4 (count as 1 dc and ch 1), sk the first st, *1 tCL over the next 3 sts, ch 2** Repeat from * to ** until there are 5 sts remaining, 1 tCL over the next 3 sts, ch 1, 1 dc into each of the last 2 sts, change to Color A in last yarn over of last st, turn.
Row 3 (WS): Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into the next st, 1 sc into the next ch-1 sp, *1 sc into the top of the tCL, 2 sc into the next ch-2 sp** Repeat from * to ** ending with 1 sc under the ch-4 and 1 sc in the 3rd ch of the ch-4, change to Color B in last yarn over of last st, turn.
Row 4-5: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 6: Repeat Row 2
Row 4-5: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 6: Repeat Row 2
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.