Classic Knit Shawls by Interweave, contains 20 of the most beautiful knit shawl patterns that are made with many different techniques. These timeless shawls come in different shapes, sizes, and textures. There are a variety of stitch patterns including open weave lace and solid cables so there is something for everyone!
Title: Interweave Presents : Classic Knit Shawls
Author: The Editors at Interweave
Published by: Interweave
Format: Paperback, 128 pages
Published: April 17, 2017
Classic Knit Shawls contains 20 gorgeous and timeless knit shawl patterns from 16 amazing designers. The book begins with in an introduction from Lisa Shroyer from Interweave talking about the history of the shawl, shawl trends, and the premise of Classic Knit Shawls. The book then goes on to discuss the different shawl techniques that you will find in Classic Knit Shawls as well as shaping information and finishing techniques.
We then move on to the patterns. There are 20 patterns that range in style, shape, texture, and technique. The patterns that are more lacy and ones that are more solid. There are a range of patterns from easy to difficult that will definitely challenge your skills. Each pattern contains sizing information, yarn and needle information, notions needed, and gauge information. Some of the patterns also contain a stitch guide, additional notes, charts, and/or other figures to help you complete the pattern.
At the end of Classic Knit Shawls, you will find a handy abbreviation list, a glossary with diagrams of basic knit techniques, an about the designers page, and a list of yarn sources.
Here is a list of the patterns you will find in Classic Knit Shawls:
- Ennid Laceweight by Lucinda Guy p16
- Junius by Corrina Ferguson p20
- Ilme’s Autumn Triangle by Nancy Bush p26
- Ship That Shawl by Megi Burel p34
- Diospyros by Andrea Jurgrau p38
- Orangery by Carol Feller p44
- Grand Army Plaza by Melissa Wehrle p48
- Galax by Lee Meredith p52
- Madeleine by Courtney Kelley p56
- Lelani Flower Motif by Kristin Omdahl p60
- The Return Journey by Lisa Shroyer p68
- Wheeled Lace by Kristin Omdahl p74
- Impasto by Susanna IC p78
- Lale by Corrina Ferguson p82
- The Purple Shawl by Andrea Jurgrau p88
- Darjeeling by Joan Forgione p94
- Trillium by Mandah Shah p98
- Lindsay by Tabetha Hendrick p102
- Rhoeas by Mercedes Tarasovich p106
- EmmyLou by Corrina Ferguson p112
The shawls in Classic Knit Shawls are all absolutely stunning! The patterns are all easy to read and well written using standard knit terms. The shawl sizes are shown in inches and centimeters to satisfy both US and International readers! These gorgeous shawls are also made using a variety of beautiful yarns including yarn from Cascade Yarns, Berroco, Blue Sky Alpaca, Madelinetosh, and Plymouth Yarn Company, to name a few.
Here are a few of my favorite projects from Classic Knit Shawls:
A huge thank you to Interweave for providing both the review copy and giveaway copy of Classic Knit Shawls and allowing me to give this amazing book away to one of my lucky readers!
Here’s how to enter:
Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only, where allowed by law. The giveaway will end on August 28, 2017 at 11:59pm ET. Please read all giveaway rules before entering. Good luck to you all!