A few years ago, I designed a printable Work in Progress Project Card and I had a huge response from everyone with a lot of feedback. I recently updated the cards with a much simpler look and included a space for another hole to attach a yarn sample to. If you are unfamiliar with my WIP project cards and are unsure how to use them, then keep on reading!
If you’re like me and you have many projects on the go at once, it can be hard to remember what hook or what yarn you were planning to use for a specific project. This is where these Work in Progress (or WIP) project card comes in handy! I created these cards to help me keep track of my projects while I am working on them. I used to print the cards on a piece of paper or light cardstock and attach them to my project with a safety pin or stitch marker. I would use it once then toss it when I was finished with my project. It felt like such a waste. I received a lot of feedback from my original printable and a few people suggested laminating them. After I redesigned the printable, I decided to laminate them so that I can use them several times without wasting paper. Instead of writing with a regular pen, I use a dry erase pen or marker to jot down any information I need to know. Then, I punch holes at the bottom so that I can attach samples of my yarn to remind me of the color scheme I want to use and remind me of the yarn weight I am using. If you do not have a laminator or do not like the idea of using a dry erase pen for your card, then you can easily just print the cards out on a piece of paper or cardstock and use them in the traditional way.
I love to use these cards when I am working on a project that will be using multiple yarn colors. It helps me keep track of the colors and if I am using them in a specific order, I can line them up on the card! It also helps me to visualize the colors together so that I know if they look great together or not. These cards are also great for smaller projects such as scrubbies or dishcloths, when I am making several of the same pattern in different colors. It helps me remember the color scheme I want to use.
I hope you enjoy the updated version of my WIP Project Cards! I would love to see how you are using yours and I would love to hear if they have been helpful for you! To download the updated version, click on the button below:
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.