I am absolutely loving the new yarns from Lion Brand! Their Landscapes yarn just spoke to me. I love the long variegation and gorgeous vibrant colors. The colors blend so subtly into each other and the yarn itself has a smooth feel to it that is almost like satin. I was so excited to work with it and create this gorgeous, yet simple, Autumn in the Tropics Infinity Scarf for you. It uses a very simple V Stitch pattern and takes just a few hours to work up. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Autumn in the Tropics Infinity Scarf
- Approximately 294 yds of Category 4 worsted weight yarn – I used Lion Brand Landscapes* in the Tropics colorway.
- Size K 6.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
st(s) – stitch(es)
dc – double crochet
sk – skip
t-ch – turning chain
ch-sp – chain space
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
Multiple of 3 + 7
4 stitches & 1.3 rows = 1″
61″ long before seamed & 7.5″ wide
V Stitch – [1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc] all in indicated space.
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This pattern is worked flat and then seamed to create an infinity scarf. You can also leave the ends loose for a regular scarf.
Row 1: 1 dc in the 4th ch from hook, ch 1, sk next st, work 1 V Stitch into the next st, *sk the next 2 sts, V Stitch in the next st** Repeat from * to ** across, until there are 4 sts left, ch 1, sk 2 sts, dc into each of the last 2 sts, turn. (2 dc, 8 V sts, 2 dc)
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc), 1 dc into the next st, *ch 1, work 1 V Stitch into the ch-1 sp of the V Stitch from previous row** Repeat from * to ** 7 more times, ch 1, sk the next ch-sp, 1 dc into the next st, 1 dc into the t-ch, turn. (2 dc, 8 V sts, 2 dc)
Row 3-80: Repeat Row 2
Fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing.
Without twisting, bring the two ends together. Using yarn tail and yarn needle, sew the two ends together using a whip stitch or mattress stitch. I used the mattress stitch to seam my ends together but you can also use the whip stitch if it is easier.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
If you would like to purchase the supplies used in this tutorial, please help support my blog by making your purchases through my affiliate links!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.