Welcome to the Scarf of the Month Club!
Welcome to the fourth month of the Scarf of the Month Club! We have 3 new scarf patterns for you for the month of April!
If you are new to the Scarf of the Month Club, it is a series of free scarf/cowl patterns that are created by The Stitchin’ Mommy (me!) and Oombawka Design. Every month, Rhondda and I will each share one free crochet pattern for a scarf, infinity scarf, or cowl/neckwarmer, through December 2016. Plus, as a bonus, we have some amazing Mystery Designers that will also be providing free scarf patterns. By December, you will have 36 scarf/cowl patterns to choose from to make as gifts or create for yourself!
If you have already started making the patterns in this series, don’t forget to share your progress with us by adding Ravelry Project Pages for the scarves you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project pages!
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesign and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub to share your progress with us!
Also, check out our Facebook Group, Crochet With Us where can share your progress, ask questions, and get help!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Lacy Picots Scarf
- Approximately 147 yds of Lion Brand Amazing in the Pink Sands colorway*
- Size J 6.0 mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
p – picot
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
5 stitches & 1.5 rows = 1″
Approximately 5″ wide and 45″ long, after blocking
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This project is worked flat to create a scarf. If you would like an infinity scarf or cowl, you can seam the ends together.
- Sc into indicated st
- Ch 3
- Sl st into the sc just made
Row 1: 1 dc into the 10th ch from hook (sk sts count as 1 dc, ch 3, sk 3), * ch 3, sk 3 sts, 1 dc in next st** Repeat from * to ** across, turn. (7 dc, 6 ch-3 sps)
Row 2: ch 5 (count as dc and ch 2), sk first dc, sc in the second ch of the ch-3, ch 3, sl st in the sc just made (counts as 1p), ch 2, *dc into the next dc, ch 2, sk 1 ch, sc into the next ch, p into the sc, ch 2, sk 1 ch** Repeat from * to ** until the t-ch, 1 dc into the t-ch, turn. (7 dc, 6 p)
Row 3: Ch 6, sk [first dc, ch-2, p, ch-2], *1 dc into the next dc, ch 3, sk [ch-2, p, ch-2]** Repeat from * to ** until the t-ch, 1 dc into the t-ch, turn. (7 dc, 6 ch-3 sps)
Row 4-63: Repeat rows 2-3
Fasten off, weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.