I’ve been keeping a little secret from you all and I am so excited to finally be able to share! This past summer, I was working on a few designs for my good friend Dedri‘s new book, Bold Baby Crochet. The book is finally available for sale and I am so excited that I can talk about it now! 🙂
In order to complete this book review, I received a complimentary sample copy from the publisher. I was not financially compensated to write a favorable review. All opinions expressed here are my own. This post also contains affiliate links. I receive a small compensation for purchases made through these links.
Title: Bold Baby Crochet – 30 Modern & Colorful Projects For Baby
Published by: Barron’s Educational Series, Inc.
Author: Dedri Uys
Format: Paperback, 144 Pages
Published: March 1, 2017
Bold Baby Crochet contains 30 gorgeous rainbow-themed crochet patterns that are perfect for baby. The book consists of patterns for blankets, hats, clothing, toys, and gifts created by 11 amazing designers. These projects are great for birthdays, baby showers and even just every day life.
Here is a list of the patterns that you will find in Bold Baby Crochet:
Colorful Clothing Items:
- Rainbow Band Booties by Doroteja Kardum
- Gumdrops Pullover by Pia Thadani
- Ombre Socks by Kirsten Ballering
- Little Flowers Playsuit by Sophie Cormier
- Colorful Cardigan by Rhondda Mol
- Bright Striped Sun Hat by Rhondda Mol
- Citrus Diaper Cover by Amy Ramnarine <– that’s me!
- Snuggly Monster Mitts by Rhondda Mol
- Spring Stripes Dress by Amy Ramnarine <– that’s me again!
- Spring Stripes Leggings by Amy Ramnarine <– that’s me too!
- Walk in the Park Hoodie by Pia Thadani
Gifts & Toys:
- Hot Air Balloon Bunting by Dedri Uys
- Little Bear Rattle by Carmen Jorissen
- Friendly Soft Toys by Carmen Jorissen
- Textured Stacking Blocks by Carolyn Christmas
- Sunny Day Headband by Shelley Husband
- Pastel Chevron Hat by Rhondda Mol
- Pastel Chevron Mittens by Rhondda Mol
- Gradient Floor Blanket by Kirsten Ballering
- Pretty Mary Janes by Doroteja Kardum
- Bobble Pacifier Cords by Kirsten Ballering
For The Nursery:
- Whatever the Weather Wall Hanging by Amy Ramnarine / Sophie Cormier
- Climbing Colors Blanket by Pia Thadani
- Mini Nesting Baskets by Dedri Uys
- Freddie Frog Bottle Cozy by Carolyn Christmas
- Monster Pillow Cover by Tatsiana Kupryianchyk
- Fun-shapes Organizer by Carolyn Christmas
- Drops Storage Basket by Dedri Uys
- Rainbow Waves Stroller Blanket by Tatsiana Kupryianchyk
- Buddy Bear Curtain Tie by Doroteja Kardum
The patterns in the book range from Easy to Advanced but Dedri has provided wonderful photo tutorials at the end of the book to help the beginner crocheters. There are tutorials for those starting to crochet, basic crochet stitches, increasing and decreasing stitches, a section of special stitches, working in the round, changing colors, and finishing techniques.
Here is a peek at a few of the designs from the book:
Here is a peek a few of my designs from the book!
If you would like to purchase Bold Baby Crochet, you can do so through Amazon!
A HUGE thank you to Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. for providing me with a copy of Bold Baby Crochet for my review!
But wait there’s more!
Barron’s is graciously providing 3 copies of Bold Baby Crochet for me to give away to my lucky readers!
This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only, where allowed by law. The giveaway will conclude on April 8, 2017 at 11:59pm ET. To enter, please use the Rafflecopter form below.
All images in this post are used with permission from Barron’s Educational Series, Inc. and Quantum Book Ltd.