Are you ready to celebrate Mother’s Day at the beach? I’m so excited to share the final pattern of the #CelebrateMomCAL, my simple Beach Day Accessory Pouch! It goes great with the Beach Day Tote Bag by The Purple Poncho. You can fit your phone, keys, sunglasses or any other important items that you want to keep out of the sand. The zipper keeps the pouch closed and keeps your valuables safe. I even added a lining to keep the sand out of the inside!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts! I also received a free sample of Premier Home® Cotton Yarn to review and use for this pattern. I was not financially compensated to write a favorable review. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.
For my Beach Day Accessory Pouch, you will need 2 balls of Premier Home® Cotton Yarn. I used one ball in 38-01 White and 1 ball in 38-12 Turquoise You can purchase the yarns we are using for this CAL >here< and use Coupon Code* AR001 to get 10% OFF the Premier Yarns we’ve suggested for these projects! *coupon code valid through 5/12/17 Also, don’t forget to enter the amazing giveaway from Premier Yarns! You can enter your project photos and information here https://woobox.com/t8ivvr The giveaway will conclude on May 15, 2017.
Beach Day Accessory Pouch
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 148 yds of Category 4 Medium Cotton Yarn:
- Size H 5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- 11″ Zipper
- Needle and thread
- Fabric for lining (optional)
ch – chain
CL – cluster
Fsc – foundation single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
12 stitches & 12 rows = 4″ (in hdc)
Approximately 6″ wide and 11″ long
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- Color changes are made in the last yarn over of the last stitch of the round.
- (Yarn over, insert hook into the designated stitch, pull up 1 loop) 3 times.
- Yarn over and pull through all 7 loops on the hook.
With Color A,
Round 1: Leaving a long tail, Fsc 66, join in beginning sc with a sl st. (66 sts)
[Alternately, ch 67, 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook and in each remaining st across, join into beginning sc with a sl st. (66 sts)]
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, *CL into the next st, 1 sc in the next st; Repeat from * around, join in beginning sc. (66 sts)
Round 3: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st around, join in beginning sc. (66 sts)
Row 4-9: Repeat Rounds 2-3
Change to Color B
Round 10-17: Ch 1, 1 hdc into each st around, join in beginning hdc. (66 sts)
Round 18: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st around, join in beginning sc, fasten off, weave ends. (66 sts)
- Using long yarn tail from beginning Fsc and a yarn needle, close the bottom of the pouch using the whip stitch method. Weave in ends.
- Attach the zipper using the tutorial linked above.
- Line the inside of the pouch using the tutorial linked above. (optional)
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.