Welcome back to the 2019 Scarf of the Month Club!
I am so excited to share this month’s pattern with you! My contribution is a chunky and cozy cowl that is the perfect combination of peach and gray. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for my Peach Perfect Cowl. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Join us for the February 2019 scarf patterns!
Back by popular demand, Rhondda and I are hosting the Scarf of the Month Club CAL in 2019. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl/neckwarmer pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months! Plus, we will have 12 amazing designers that will be joining us and will each be contributing a new free crochet scarf pattern as well!
If you want to know more about the Scarf of the Month Club CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project. Rhondda has put together a great tutorial on how to add projects to Ravelry, which you can find here.
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub2019 to share your progress with us!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Peach Perfect Cowl
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 350 yds of Category 5 Bulky Yarn in 2 colors:
- Size J 6mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
ch-sp – chain space
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
11.2 stitches & 6 rows = 4″ (in dc)
Approximately 13.5″ wide and 38″ long, before seamed
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This project is worked flat and then seamed at the ends to create a cowl.
With Color A, Ch 40
Row 1: 2 dc into the 5th ch from hook (skipped chs count as 1 dc and ch-sp), 2 dc into the next st, *sk the next 2 sts, 2 dc into each of the next 2 sts; Repeat from * across until there are 2 sts remaining, sk the next st, 1 dc into the last st, turn. (38 dc sts)
Row 2: Ch 3 (count as 1 dc here and throughout), sk the first dc and the next dc, 2 dc into each of the next 2 sts, *sk the next 2 sts, 2 dc into each of the next 2 sts; Repeat from * until there are 2 sts remaining, sk the next st, 1 dc into the t-ch, turn. (38 dc sts)
Row 3-14: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color B
Row 15: Ch 3, sk the first dc, 1 dc into each st across, turn. (38 sts)
Row 16-21: Repeat Row 15
Change to Color A
Row 22-35: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color B
Row 36-42: Repeat Row 15
Change to Color A
Row 43-55: Repeat Row 2
Row 56: Repeat Row 2, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing.
- Join Color B to the first st of Row 56.
- Turn the cowl and sc evenly down the side, fasten off.
- Join Color B to the last st of Row 56.
- Sc evenly down the other side, fasten off.
- Bring both ends of the cowl together so that beginning row meets the end row.
- Using the Color A yarn tail and a yarn needle, whip stitch the ends together.
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.