I’m so excited to participate in the 2022 Giftstravaganza Blog Hop hosted by Marie from Underground Crafter! If you haven’t heard of the Giftstravaganza Blog Hop, check out Marie’s introduction post here. My pattern contribution is a quick and easy little project that would make a great gift for anyone! Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for my Christmas Ornament Gift Card Holder. And, for 24-hours only, you can download a FREE PDF of this pattern from my Ravelry Shop. See post below for details. I hope you enjoy it the pattern and Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Click on the button below to download the PDF. Simply add the PDF to your cart and checkout. The pattern should come up as free. There is no coupon code required. Please be advised that we are not responsible for accidental purchases. Because of the digital nature of PDF patterns, we do not offer refunds for digital PDF patterns. Sale ends 11/29/2022 at 6:30am ET
Christmas Ornament Gift Card Holder
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 46 yds of Category 4 Medium Weight Yarn in 3 colors:
- Size H 5mm Furls Streamline Sagittarius Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
sc dec – single crochet decrease
sl st(s) – slip stitch(es)
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
16 stitches & 16 rows = 4″ (in pattern sc)
Approximately 4″wide and 5.5″ long
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. If you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This pattern is worked in the round and whip stitched together to create the card holder. You can work the pattern in just one main color but I chose to make each side a different color.
Main Ornament (Make 2):
With Color A or B:
Magic Circle, ch 1
Round 1: Work 6 sc into the magic circle, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (6 sts)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc into each st around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (12 sts)
Round 3: Ch 1, *1 sc into the next st, 2 sc into the next st; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (18 sts)
Round 4: Ch 1, *2 sc into the next st, 1 sc into each of the next 2 sts; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (24 sts)
Round 5: Ch 1, *1 sc into each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc into the next st; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (30 sts)
Round 6: Ch 1, *2 sc into the next st, 1 sc into each of the next 4 sts; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (36 sts)
Round 7: Ch 1, *1 sc into each of the next 5 sts, 2 sc into the next st; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (42 sts)
Round 8: Ch 1, *2 sc into the next st, 1 sc into each of the next 6 sts; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (48 sts)
Round 9: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st around, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing (for one piece only.)
Topper (add to both pieces):
Join Color C to any st
Row 1: Ch 1, 1 sc into each of the next 8 sts, turn. (8 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st across, turn. (8 sts)
Row 3: Ch 1, 1 sc dec over the next 2 sts, 1 sc into each of the next 4 sts, 1 sc dec over the last 2 sts, fasten off. (6 sts)
- Weave the center of each piece so it is secure.
- Place the pieces with the right sides facing together.
- Using the yarn tail and yarn needle, stitch around the ornament using the whip stitch method, leaving a large enough opening at the ornament top to place your gift card or other gift inside.
- Fasten off, weave all remaining ends.
- Turn the pouch right-side out.
- You can add a ribbon or string to hang the holder on your Christmas tree but it is completely optional.
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.