Classic Crochet Shawls from the Editors at Interweave contains 20 gorgeous crochet shawl patterns that are designed by some great designers! These free-spirited shawls utilize color, texture, and lace to create the most stunning projects. These shawls come in all shapes and sizes, so there is something for everyone!
Title: Interweave Presents: Classic Crochet Shawls
Author: The Editors at Interweave
Published by: Interweave
Format: Paperback, 128 pages
Published: June 21, 2017
Classic Crochet Shawls contains 20 gorgeous and free-spirited shawl patterns from 13 amazing designers. The book begins with in an introduction talking about what a shawl is, the history of shawls, and the types of shawls you will find in Classic Crochet Shawls.
We then move on to the patterns. There are 20 patterns that range in style, shape, texture, and technique. There are light lacy shawls, capelets, shawls that are more solid, wraps, and more. There are a range of patterns from easy to difficult that will definitely challenge your crochet skills. There is definitely a pattern for every skill level in Classic Crochet Shawls and even if you are just starting to crochet, you can always try your hand at a more difficult pattern!
Each of the patterns in this book contains size information, yarn and crochet hook(s) used, other notions needed, gauge information and any other notes needed for the pattern. Some of the patterns also contain crochet charts, assembly diagrams, additional notes, stitch guides, and/or other figures to help you complete the pattern.
At the end of Classic Crochet Shawls, you will find a handy abbreviation list, a glossary with diagrams of basic knit techniques, an about the designers page, and a list of yarn sources.
Here is a list of the patterns you will find in Classic Crochet Shawls:
- Eolande by Kathryn White p6
- Emergence by Kathryn White p16
- Endymion by Sara Kay Hartmann p20
- Buttercream Shawl by Anne Petavy p26
- Jessamine by Sara Kay Hartmann p32
- Bolt Shawl by Beth Nielsen p38
- Tres Chic Neck Warmer by Mary Jane Hall p42
- Blue Lagoon Swirling Hexagon Shawl by Kristin Omdahl p46
- Flying Broomstick by Brenda K.B. Anderson p54
- Parisian Gardens Circular Shawl by Mary Jane Hall p62
- Tiffany Shawl by Jill Wright p70
- Dover by Sara Kay Hartmann p76
- Orchid Faroese Shawl by Kristin Omdahl p84
- Pleiades Shawl by Chelsea Norquay-Wales p90
- Almandine Shawlette by Anastasia Popova p94
- Torchlight Shawl by Jennifer Raymond p102
- All-In-One Shawl by Karen Whooley p106
- Sausalito Sparkle Shawl by Kristin Omdahl p110
- Shifting Shawl by April Garwood p114
- Amelie Triangular Shawl by Mary Jane Hall p118
The shawls in Classic Crochet Shawls are all absolutely stunning! The patterns are all well written using standard US crochet terms and are all easy to follow, especially with the accompanying charts. The shawl sizes are shown in inches and centimeters to satisfy both US and International readers! These gorgeous shawls are also made using a variety of beautiful yarns including yarn from Malabrigo, Berroco, Lion Brand Yarns, Madelinetosh, and Manos Del Uruguay, and more!
Here are a few of my favorite projects from Classic Crochet Shawls:
You can grab your very own copy of Interweave Presents: Classic Crochet Shawls from the Interweave Store for just $22.99.
A huge thank you to Interweave for providing both the review copy and giveaway copy of Classic Crochet Shawls and allowing me to give this amazing book away to one of my lucky readers!
Here’s how to enter:
Use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. Giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only, where allowed by law. The giveaway will end on September 12, 2017 at 11:59pm ET. Please read all giveaway rules before entering. Good luck to you all!