I’m so very excited to once again be participating in the Summer Quickies CAL! For more information on the 2022 CAL Central Summer Quickies CAL, check out the Introduction Post by Marie from Underground Crafter. This year there are 8 quick summer crochet patterns and an end of CAL Giveaway! My pattern contribution is a quick and easy little mesh pouch that you can use to collect seashells at the beach or river rocks. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Quick and Easy Mesh Pouch. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts! I also received complimentary skeins of the yarn used in this pattern, from Lion Brand Yarn, to be used in my design. I was not financially compensated to use these products in my post.
About the Yarn
24/7 Cotton® is a worsted-weight, mercerized 100% natural fiber yarn. The mercerization process gives the yarn incredible color and sheen which will last through multiple wash cycles. Choose from a variety of 37 colors, which will be perfect for making fashion garments, home décor, bath and kitchen accessories, and items for babies and children.Lion Brand Yarn
- Medium (4) Worsted weight yarn
- 100% Mercerized Cotton
- 3.5 oz (100 g) and 186 yds (170 m)
- Recommended Hook Size: 4 mm (G)
- Care Instructions: Machine wash. Initial water temperature should not exceed 40C or 105F. Any dry cleaning solvent other than trichloroethylene may be safely used. No bleach product may be used. A machine dryer may be regularly used at a maximum of Medium Heat setting. Regular ironing, steam or dry, may be performed at Medium setting (150C, 300F).
A huge thank you to Lion Brand for providing the yarn for this project! I chose their 24/7 Cotton® Yarn because it is one of my favorites and I love using it for summer projects. It’s light yet sturdy and easy to wash.
Quick and Easy Mesh POuch
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 23 yds of Category 4 Medium Weight Yarn in 2 Colors; I used Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton Yarn* in the colors Succulent, Rose, and Lemon
- Approximately 21 yds of Color A
- Approximately 2 yds of Color B
- Size H 5mm Furls Streamline Galaxy Polaris Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
sp – space
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
14 stitches & 16 rows = 4″ (in sc)
- Approximately 5″ tall and 3″ wide
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. If you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This pattern is worked in the round. Do not join after each round unless otherwise indicated.
With Color A,
Magic Circle, ch 1,
Round 1: Work 6 sc into the magic circle, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (6 sts)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc into each st around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (12 sts)
Round 3: *Ch 5, sk the next st, sl st into the next st; Repeat from * around, working the last sl st into the same st as the first ch-5. (30 sts)
Round 4: Sl st into the next ch-sp, *ch 5, sl st into the next ch-sp; Repeat from * around, working the last sl st into the same ch-sp as the first ch-5. (30 sts)
Rounds 5-11: Repeat Round 4
Round 12: Ch 1, *work 3 sc into the next ch-5 sp; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st. (18 sts)
Round 13: Ch 3 (count as 1 dc), 1 dc into each st around, join into the beginning ch-3 with a sl st. (18 sts)
Round 14: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st around, join into the beginning ch with an invisible join, fasten off. (18 sts)
With Color B,
Tightly ch 70. Fasten off leaving a long tail.
- Using your yarn needle, thread the end of the drawstring through and weave it through the dc sts in Round 13. Knot and trim ends.
- Weave all remaining ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.