I remember the first time I had smores. Believe it or not it was as an adult, not a kid. Shocking but true. I tried one for the first time when I interned in finance for a huge firm. My co-workers and I were pulling a late night trying to get a project done and all of a sudden my team leader came in with a tray full of s’mores. He apparently made them in the microwave (which can be dangerous where marshmallows are concerned). Thankfully he didn’t have any exploding marshmallows and we had yummy, gooey, s’mores. I will never forget what it was like to try one for the first time.
A couple of weeks back, I bought a box of graham crackers to make a graham cracker crust for a cheesecake that I was baking. I didn’t know what to do with the rest since Miss Kaylee only likes her graham crackers in teddy bear form. So, when I went to the supermarket, inspiration struck and I decided to buy some marshmallows and a chocolate bar. The kiddo and I decided to make s’mores (not in the microwave). It was super easy even if you don’t have a fire pit and a stick. All you need is an oven, some Jumbo marshmallows (the minis will work too but they roll all over the place), a chocolate bar broken into pieces, and some graham crackers.
- 1 Sleeve of Graham Crackers (broken in half)
- 9 Jumbo Marshmallows
- 1 Chocolate Bar broken into 9 squares
- Turn the broiler of your oven on.
- Set 9 halves of your graham crackers on a cookie sheet
- Place a jumbo marshmallow onto each cracker
- Place under the broiler for 2 mins or until the marshmallow is slightly brown
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven
- Place a square of chocolate onto each of the gooey marshmallows
- Place the other half of the graham crackers on top
And just like that you can make your own s’mores indoors. No need to wait for your next camping trip. Just turn the oven on and have s’more fun 🙂