It’s time to learn a new crochet stitch! This week I am going to show you the Waffle Stitch. This stitch has fabulous texture and is great for a blanket or even some dishcloths. For this tutorial, I will show you how to make an 8″x 8″ square. I hope you enjoy the tutorial! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Waffle Stitch Tutorial and Afghan Square
- Worsted weight yarn in any color of your choosing. I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream* for this example.
- Size I 5.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle*
ch – chain
st(s) – stitch(es)
dc – double crochet
FPdc – front post double crochet
sk – skip
t-ch – turning chain
Multiple of 3
4 stitches & 1 row = 1″
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. If you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- If you are unfamiliar with post stitches, you can find a great tutorial here for FPdc.
Row 1: dc in the 3rd ch from hook and in each st across. Turn.
Rows 5-10: Repeat rows 3-4 to complete your 8×8 square. You can add a simple sc border or just leave it as is!