I’m so excited to show you my latest free pattern! Last week I made the knit version of the Color Block Cowl utilizing the knit seed stitch and this week I am giving you the crochet version utilizing the crochet seed stitch! Both cowls are made with the most gorgeous wool from We Are Knitters. I hope you enjoy the pattern! Happy Crocheting!
Color Block Cowl
- Approximately 174 yds of The Wool by We Are Knitters in 2 Colors
- Size P/Q 15mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
5.6 sts & 4.8 rows = 4″
24″ x 18″ before seamed
- This pattern is written in US crochet terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This project is worked flat and then seamed at the ends to form a cowl.
With Color A, Ch 27
Row 1: 1 sc in the 2nd ch from hook, 1 dc in the next st, *1 sc in the next st, 1 dc in the next st** Repeat from * to ** across, turn. (26)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 dc in the next st, *1 sc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st** Repeat from * to ** across, turn. (26)
Row 3-14: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color B
Row 15-27: Repeat Row 2
Row 28: Repeat Row 2. Fasten off leaving a 12″ long yarn tail for sewing the ends together.
Bring the two ends of the cowl together. Using the yarn tail and yarn needle, stitch the ends together using the whip stitch or mattress seam method. Weave all ends.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.