Welcome to the Spa Basket Crochet Along!
This fabulous CAL features 12 spa patterns from 12 amazing designers (including myself!) All of the patterns in this CAL can be used separately or combined into a delightful spa basket, which makes a perfect gift! This CAL event will run from 8/30/16 through 12/7/16 and best of all, there is also an amazing giveaway filled with some wonderful prizes. For more information about the giveaway, please see the bottom of this post. Here is my contribution to the CAL, a quick and easy scrubby pattern called the Nubby Scrubby! These Nubby Scrubbies work up quickly and are made with 100% cotton yarn. I also have a great Vanilla Sugar body scrub recipe that takes just a few ingredients to make. I hope you enjoy the pattern and recipe! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
- Approximately 12 yds of Category 4 Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn (I used Creme de la Creme in Pale Pink, White, Brite Green, Sunshine, and Wood Violet*)
- Size H 5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
5 stitches & 3.5 rows = 1″
Approximately 3″ in diameter
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- If sc picots are on the wrong side of the scrubby, push them through to the right side.
Magic Circle, ch 1
Round 1: Work 8 sc into the magic circle, join in beginning sc with a sl st. (8)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 sc into each st around, join in beginning sc with a sl st. (16)
Round 3: Ch 1, *2 sc into the next st, 1 sc picot into the next st; Repeat from * around, join in beginning sc with a sl st. (24)
Round 4: Ch 1, *1 sc into the next st, 1 sc picot into the next st, 2 sc into next st; Repeat from * around, join in beginning sc with a sl st. (32)
Round 5: Ch 1, *2 sc into first st, 1 sc into each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc picot into the next st; Repeat from * around, join in beginning sc with an invisible join, fasten off, weave all ends. (40)
Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Vanilla Sugar Scrub
Recipe Type: Sugar Scrub
Author: Amy Ramnarine
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 8 ounces
Description: A quick and easy sugar scrub recipe that takes a few ingredients and a few minutes to whip up!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the honey, vanilla and oil.
- Mix well.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to a few weeks.
We have some wonderful sponsors for this CAL! One of our sponsors is Cherrypak!
If you are looking for an extra special something to add to your spa basket, get a CherryPak! The innovative facial, eye mask and forehead pak is made by hand in Bainbridge, GA, and is filled with approximately 3/4 lbs of clean, heat-retaining cherry stones, supplied exclusively by American orchard growers. 2 lucky winners will each receive one of these facial paks, in the premium Irish linen fabric! There are so many other great CherryPak products available on their site including hot stone massage balls and even a bunny-shaped pak for your little one. Make sure to stop by and check them out!
We have 12 amazing prizes for 12 different winners! For more about the giveaway prizes and how to enter, please visit Stitches ‘N’ Scraps. Plus, get extra entries by posting photos of your CAL projects in the link up.