Garnet Waves Scarf – Free Crochet Pattern
Welcome to the 2018 Scarf of the Month Club!
We are so excited to be hosting the Scarf of the Month Club again this year! We have three new scarf patterns to share with you this month. My pattern contribution is a gorgeous chunky ripple scarf that is made using Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick yarn. Just scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for my Garnet Waves Scarf. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Join us for the January 2018 scarf patterns!
Back by popular demand, Rhondda and I are hosting the Scarf of the Month Club CAL in 2018. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl/neckwarmer pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months! Plus, we will have 12 amazing designers that will be joining us and will each be contributing a new free crochet scarf pattern as well!
If you want to know more about the Scarf of the Month Club CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project. Rhondda has put together a great tutorial on how to add projects to Ravelry, which you can find here.
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub2018 to share your progress with us!
Also, check out our Crochet With Us Group and The Stitchin’ Mommy Crochet Community, on Facebook, where can share your progress, ask questions, and get help with the patterns from this CAL!
Click here to see Rhondda’s January Pattern: Little Black Cowl
Click here to see the Crochet Sea Shell Scarf by Naztazia
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Garnet Waves Scarf
Add to Ravelry Queue and Favorites
- Approximately 276 yds of Category 6 Super Bulky Yarn; I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick* in the Cabernet colorway
- Size M 8mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- Tassel Maker* (optional)
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sp – space
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
7.6 stitches & 3.6 rows = 4″ (in pattern stitch)
Approximately 9.5″ wide and 57″ long without tassels
Any multiple of 10+3
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- The tassels are created separately and added at the end of the project. If you do not have a tassel maker, you can easily make a tassel using this method. You will need 2 tassels for this project.
Row 1: 1 dc into the 4th ch from hook (3 sk sts count as 1 dc), 1 dc into each of the next 3 sts, sk the next 2 sts,1 dc into each of the next 4 sts, ch 2, 1 dc into each of the next 4 sts, sk the next 2 sts, 1 dc into each of the next 3 sts, 2 dc into the last st, turn. (18 sts)
Row 2: Ch 3 (count as 1 dc), 1 dc into the first st, 1 dc into each of the next 3 sts, sk the next 2 sts, 1 dc into each of the next 3 sts, [1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc] into the next ch-2 sp, 1 dc into each of the next 3 sts, sk the next 2 sts, 1 dc into each of the next 3 sts, 2 dc into the t-ch, turn. (18 sts)
Row 3-51: Repeat Row 2
Row 52: Repeat Row 2, fasten off. (18 sts)
- Weave all ends.
- Make two tassels using a large tassel maker or your favorite method.
- Gather one end of the scarf together into one single point and attach a tassel. Repeat for the other end.
Click here to subscribe to our Scarf of the Month Club mailing list
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.