Welcome to the Scarf of the Month Club!
I can’t believe it’s December already! The Scarf of the Month Club for 2016 is coming to an end with 3 new scarf patterns just for you! Rhondda and I hope that you have enjoyed this CAL and will join us again next year!
If you have already started making the patterns in this series, don’t forget to share your progress with us by adding Ravelry Project Pages for the scarves you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project pages!
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesign and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub to share your progress with us!
Also, check out our Facebook Group, Crochet With Us where can share your progress, ask questions, and get help!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Gray Shells Scarf
- Approximately 312 yds of Category 5 Bulky Yarn; I used Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn* in the Silver/Charcoal colorway
- Size L 8mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
dc2tog – double crochet two stitches together
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
sp(s) – space(s)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
11.8 stitches & 4.8 rows = 4″
Approximately 7″ wide and 70″ long
4 + 2
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
Row 1: [1 sc, ch 3, 4 dc] all into the 2nd ch from hook, *sk the next 3 sts, [1 sc, ch 3, 4 dc] into the next st; Repeat from * until there are 4 sts remaining, sk the next 3 sts, 1 sc into the last st, turn. (5 shells)
Row 2: Ch 3 (count as 1 dc), sk the first st *sk 1 dc, dc2tog over the next 2 sts, ch 3, sk 1 dc, 1 sc into the next ch-3 sp; Repeat from * across, turn. (5 ch-3 sps, 5 dc2tog, 5 sc sts)
Row 3: Ch 1, [1 sc, ch 3, 4 dc] into the first st, *sk ch-3 and next st, [1 sc, ch 3, 4 dc] into the next sc; Repeat from * across, sk last ch-3 sp and dc2tog, 1 sc into the t-ch, turn. (5 shells)
Row 4-85: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 86: Repeat Row 2, fasten off.
- Weave in all ends.
Want to stay up to date on the newest scarf pattern releases for the Scarf of the Month Club? Sign up for our monthly notification email! You will receive one email per month when the scarf patterns are released. Sign up using the form below:
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.