A few months ago, I received some gorgeous Jersey Be Good Yarn from Wool and the Gang, along with a few other skeins of their yarns. I started several different projects that I wasn’t fond of and ended up ripping them all out. I wanted to do justice to this beautiful yarn and finally came up with this adorable Little Crochet Basket pattern! The yarn is a t-shirt yarn so it’s super bulky and makes for a very sturdy basket. I am currently using it to hold some smaller skeins of yarn but it can be used around the house as well. I hope you enjoy the pattern! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Little Crochet Basket
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 100 yds of Category 6 Super Bulky Yarn; I used Wool and the Gang Jersey Be Good* in the Jog Grey colorway.
- Size P 10mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sl st – slip stitch
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
8 stitches & 4 rows = 4″ (in hdc)
Approximately 8″ in diameter
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- From rounds 7-9 you will be working the waistcoat stitch. This stitch is worked in the center of the sc from the previous round, not in the front and back loops. You can find a great tutorial here.
Round 1: Magic circle, ch 1, 10 hdc into circle, join in beginning hdc with a sl st. (10 sts)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc into each st around, join in beginning hdc with a sl st. (20 sts)
Round 3: Ch 1, *1 hdc into the next st, 2 hdc into the next st; Repeat from * around, join in beginning hdc with a sl st. (30 sts)
Round 4: Ch 1, *1 hdc into each of the next 2 sts, 2 hdc into the next st; Repeat from * around, join in beginning hdc with a sl st. (40 sts)
You will now be working in a continuous round. Do not join unless otherwise indicated. Use a stitch marker to mark the beginning of each round.
Round 5: 1 hdc into each st around. (40 sts)
Round 6: 1 sc into each st around. (40 sts)
Round 7: 1 sc into the center of each sc from previous round (see notes above.) (40 sts)
Round 8-9: Repeat Round 7
Round 10-11: 1 hdc into each st around. (40 sts)
Round 12: 1 hdc into each of the next 8 sts, ch 7, sk the next 7 sts, 1 hdc into each of the next 13 sts, ch 7, sk the next 7 sts, 1 hdc into each of the next 5 sts. (40 sts)
Round 13: 1 hdc into each of the next 8 sts, 7 hdc into the next ch-7 sp, 1 hdc into each of the next 13 sts, 7 hdc into the next ch-7 sp, 1 hdc into each of the last 5 sts, join in beginning hdc with an invisible join. (40 sts)
- Fasten off.
- Weave in all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.