Welcome to another month of the 2017 Scarf of the Month Club! We have three new scarf patterns to share with you this month. I can’t wait to share my latest pattern with you! It is light and lacy and great for fall! Just scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for my Moonlight Stroll Infinity Scarf. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Welcome to the 2017 Scarf of the Month Club!
Join us this month for Septmeber’s scarf patterns!
Back by popular demand, Rhondda and I are hosting the Scarf of the Month Club CAL in 2017. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl/neckwarmer pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months!
We are going to be joined by Joanita Theron of Creative Crochet Workshop as our special guest designer, who will also be providing free crochet scarf patterns for you each month! Joanita was out mystery designer quite a few times during last year’s CAL and we are so excited to have her on board this year.
If you want to know more about the Scarf of the Month Club CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
If you are participating in the CAL and want to share your progress, you can add a Ravelry Project Page for the scarves you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project pages!
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy, @oombawkadesign, and/or @creativecrochetworkshop and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub2017 to share your progress with us!
Also, check out our Facebook Group, Crochet With Us CAL Group where can share your progress, ask questions, and get help!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Moonlight Stroll Infinity Scarf
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 518 yds of Category 4 Medium Weight Yarn; I used Lion Brand Shawl in a Ball Metallic* in the Moonstone colorway
- Size J 6mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
18.4 stitches & 6.8 rows = 4″ (in pattern stitch)
Approximately 8″ wide and 80″ long, before seamed
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
Row 1: 5 dc into the 7th ch from hook, *sk the next 4 sts, 5 dc into the next st; Repeat from * until there are 3 sts remaining, sk the next 2 sts, 1 dc into the last st, turn. (7 shells)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, ch 5, sk the next 5 dc, *1 sc in between the shells, ch 5, sk the next 5 dc; Repeat from * across, 1 sc into the t-ch, turn. (8 sc, 7 ch-5 sps)
Row 3: Ch 3, sk the first st and the next 2 chs, 5 dc into the next ch, *sk the next 4 chs, 5 dc into the next ch; Repeat from * across until there are 3 sts remaining, sk the next 2 chs, 1 dc into the last st, turn. (7 shells)
Row 4-137: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 138: Repeat Row 2, do not fasten off.
- Ch 1, sc evenly around entire scarf, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing.
- Bring the ends of the scarf together. Using the yarn needle and yarn tail, whip stitch the ends together to create an infinity scarf.
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.