I am so excited to be participating in the 2018 Washcloth Crochet Along! My CAL contribution is this bright and fun Summer Splash Washcloth. You can find all of the other great washcloth patterns from this CAL and enter to win some great prizes here: Announcing the 2018 Washcloth Crochet Along!
I made this fun washcloth with gorgeous Cascade Ultra Pima yarn, which was provided to me by Cascade Yarns. This yarn is a beautiful 100% pima cotton yarn that is soft and smooth, and perfect to work with. Scroll down for the free crochet pattern for my Summer Splash Washcloth!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts! I also received yarn from Cascade Yarns to be used in my design. I was not financially compensated to use this products in my post.
Summer Splash Washcloth
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 54 yds of Cascade Ultra Pima Yarn* in 3 colors:
- Size H 5mm Crochet Hook* I used my Furls Streamline Hook
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
ch-sp – chain space
dc – double crochet
dc2tog – double crochet two stitches together
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
sp(s) – space(s)
t-ch – turning chain
 – indicates instructions to be repeated within the brackets
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
4.5 stitches & 2.6 rows = 1″ (in pattern stitch)
Approximately 7.5″ wide x 7″ long
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- All color changes are made in the last yarn over of the last stitch of the row.
- When making your color changes, do not cut the yarn. This will help you work the edging without having extra ends to weave in.
Puff Stitch (puff st):
- Yarn over, insert hook into indicated stitch
- Yarn over, pull up a loop
- *Yarn over, insert hook into the same stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop;
- Repeat from * two more times
- Yarn over and pull through all loops on hook
- Ch 1 to “lock” the puff stitch
With Color A,
Row 1: 1 dc into the 4th ch from hook (count as 2 dc2tog), [dc2tog over the next 2 sts] twice, ch 1, [work 1 puff st into the next st] 5 times, [dc2tog over the next 2 sts] six times, ch 1, [work 1 puff st into the next st] 5 times, [dc2tog over the next 2 sts] 3 times, turn. (34 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into each st and ch-sp across (excluding the t-ch), turn. (34 sts)
Row 3: Ch 3, sk the first st, 1 dc into the next st (count as 2 dc2tog), [dc2tog over the next 2 sts] twice, ch 1, [work 1 puff st into the next st] 5 times, [dc2tog over the next 2 sts] six times, ch 1, [work 1 puff st into the next st] 5 times, [dc2tog over the next 2 sts] 3 times, turn. (34 sts)
Rows 4-5: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 6: Repeat Row 2, Change to Color B
Row 7: Repeat Row 3
Rows 8-11: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 12: Repeat Row 2, Change to Color C
Row 13: Repeat Row 3
Rows 14-17: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 18: Repeat Row 2, do not fasten off.
- Sc evenly down the side of Rows 13-18.
- Fasten off Color C, pick up Color B and continue working sc sts evenly down the side of Rows 7-12.
- Fasten off Color B, pick up Color A and continue working sc sts evenly down the side of Rows 1-6, along the bottom of the starting chain, and up the other side of Rows 1-6.
- Fasten off Color A, change to Color B, and continue working sc sts evenly up the side of Rows 7-12.
- Fasten off Color B , change to Color C, and continue working sc sts evenly up the side of Rows 13-18.
- Join to the last stitch of Row 18 with an invisible join.
- Fasten off and weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.