Welcome to the 2021 Scarf of the Month CAL!
For my June contribution, I have this gorgeous cowl that I made with Knit Picks Chroma Worsted yarn. It has a beautiful texture that reminds me of little berries. Next week I will share the free pattern for the matching hat! Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Strawberry Patch Cowl. And for 24 hours only, get a FREE PDF version of this pattern from my Ravelry shop! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Join us for the June 2021 Scarf patterns!
Rhondda and I are so excited to continue hosting the Scarf of the Month CAL in 2021. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months! Plus, we will have 12 amazing designers that will be joining us this year. If you want to know more about the Scarf of the Month CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
We will also be continuing to offer a free PDF version of our patterns for 24 hours! Make sure to stop by each blog and look for the coupon code or sale link.
We have also added a supply list! To see the supplies needed for our scarf and hat patterns, click here.
If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves and hats that you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project. Rhondda has put together a great tutorial on how to add projects to Ravelry, which you can find here.
Make sure to visit the other Scarf posts from this month’s CAL:
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Click on the button below to download the PDF. Simply add the PDF to your cart and checkout. The pattern should come up as free. There is no coupon code required. Please be advised that we are not responsible for accidental purchases. Because of the digital nature of PDF patterns, we do not offer refunds for digital PDF patterns. Sale ends 6/21/2021 at 11:59pm ET
Strawberry Patch Cowl
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 198 yds of Category 4 Medium Weight Yarn; I used Knit Picks Chroma Worsted Yarn* in the Shortcake colorway
- Size J 6mm Furls Streamline Resin Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
CL – cluster
dc – double crochet
dc4tog – double crochet four stitches together (see special stitches)
sc – single crochet
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
17.6 stitches & 7.2 rows = 4″ (in pattern stitch)
Approximately 7″ wide and 25″ long, before seamed.
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- The dc4tog forms a cluster and will be referred to in the pattern as CL.
- This project is worked flat and seamed at the ends to create a cowl.
- *Yarn over, insert hook into designated stitch
- Yarn over, pull up a loop
- Yarn over, pull through 2 loops;
- Repeat from * 3 more times
- Yarn over, pull through all 5 loops on hook.
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, *ch 3, dc4tog over the next 4 sts, ch 1, 1 sc into the next st; Repeat from * across, turn. (6 clusters)
Row 2: Ch 5, work 1 sc into the top of the next CL, *ch 3, dc4tog into the next ch-3 sp, ch 1, 1 sc in the top of the next CL; Repeat from * until the last ch-3 sp, ch 3, dc4tog into the last ch-3 sp, 1 dc into the last st (Note: This is the sc from previous row), turn. (6 clusters)
Row 3: Ch 1, sk the first st, 1 sc into the top of the next CL, *ch 3, dc4tog into the next ch-3 sp, ch 1, 1 sc into the top of the next CL; Repeat from * working the last sc into the t-ch (Note: This is the top of the ch-5). (6 clusters)
Row 4-45: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 46: Repeat Rows 2-3, fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing.
- Bring both ends of the cowl together so that beginning row meets the end row.
- Using the yarn tail and a yarn needle, whip stitch the ends together.
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.