I’m so very excited to participate in the 2021 Summer Quickies CAL! If you have not heard of the CAL Central Summer Quickies CAL, you can find more information in the Introduction Post by Marie from Underground Crafter. There will be 10 amazing, quick summer crochet patterns for you as well as an end of CAL Giveaway that you can find here. My pattern contribution is a quick little bookmark that you can make and use while reading at the beach or in the park on a warm summer day. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for this simple yet adorable Summer Flower Bookmark. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Summer Flower Bookmark
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 25 yds of Category 1 Super Fine/ Fingering Yarn in three colors:
- Size G 5 mm Crochet Hook* I used my Furls Streamline Cookies N’ Cream Hook
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
 – indicates instructions to be worked in one stitch
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
19.6 stitches & 9.2 rows = 4″ (in hdc)
Measures approximately 10.5″ without tassel.
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. If you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- All color changes are made in the last stitch of the last round.
With Color A,
Magic Circle, ch 1
Round 1: Work 6 hdc into the magic circle, join into the beginning hdc with a sl st. (6 sts)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc into each st around, join into the beginning hdc with a sl st. (12 sts)
Fasten off, Change to Color B
Round 3: Ch 1, *2 hdc into the next st, 1 hdc into the next st; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning hdc with a sl st. (18 sts)
Round 4: Ch 1, *1 hdc into each of the next 2 sts, 2 hdc into the next st; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning hdc with a sl st. (24 sts)
Round 5: *Ch 3, 3 dc into the same st, ch 3, sl st into the same st, sl st into the next st; Repeat from * around leaving the last st unworked, sl st into the last st. (23 petals)
Fasten off, Change to Color C
(We will now be working on the stem)
Row 1: 1 hdc into each st across, join to the last unworked st of Round 5 with a sl st, fasten off. (40 sts)
- To add a leaf to the stem, join Color C to any hdc st on the stem with a sl st (wherever you want the leaf to sit.)
- Ch 5, 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 hdc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st, [1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc] all into the next st, sl st into the st of the beginning ch, Working down the other side of the ch, [1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc] all into the next st (beneath the previous cluster), 1 dc into the next st, 1 hdc into the next st, 1 sc into the last st, join in beginning sc, fasten off. (12 sts)
- Cut 6 strands of yarn approximately 12″ in length.
- Fold the yarn in half. Insert hook into any part of the bottom stitch of the stem.
- Pull the middle of the yarn through.
- Pull the ends through the middle to make a knot.
- Trim tassel if desired.
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.