Celebrate the Holidays with Glad and M&M’S
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Glad & M&M’S®. All opinions are 100% mine.
When you think about the holidays, what flavors come to mind? For me, it’s gingerbread, eggnog, chocolate, and of course, peppermint! So imagine how super excited I was to receive the opportunity to work with M&M’S® and Glad and try out the new M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies! These M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint not only have two of my favorite holiday flavors, but they are also great for holiday baking!
I ran to pick up these yummy little M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies at my local Target, since they are only available at Target. While I was there, I picked up some special Glad Holiday Storage products, which are also only available at Target. Thhese are great to transport and share your treats with friends and family. The Glad storage containers even have recipes for great holiday treats on the back of the box! After buying everything I needed, I headed home to start my baking!
Armed with my new M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies, I decided to combine two of my favorite holiday flavors, chocolate and peppermint, and make Chocolate cookies topped with M&M’S® White Chocolate Peppermint candies. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift the flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together using a hand mixer (or mix everything in a stand mixer).
- Add egg and and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a 2 tbsp scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet, leaving some room for expansion.
- Top the cookies with 5-6 White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® and lightly press them into the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 2-3 minutes before moving to a wire baking rack. Cool on rack for approximately 15 minutes.
I also decided to try the recipe for Santa’s Snack Mix, which I found on the back of the box of Glad storage containers.It came out so great and is a perfect party snack!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and run to Target to get these exclusive White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® and Glad Holiday Storage products!