Welcome to the Scarf of the Month Club!
The Scarf of the Month Club is a series of free scarf/cowl patterns that are created by The Stitchin’ Mommy (me!) and Oombawka Design. Every month, Rhondda and I will each share one free crochet pattern for a scarf, infinity scarf, or cowl/neckwarmer, through December 2016. Plus, we have some amazing Mystery Designers that will also be providing free scarf patterns. By December, you will have 36 scarf/cowl patterns to choose from to make as gifts or create for yourself!
If you have already started making the patterns in this series, don’t forget to share your progress with us by adding Ravelry Project Pages for the scarves you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project pages!
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @amyramnarine and/or @oombawkadesign and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonthClub to share your progress with us!
Also, check out our Facebook Group, Crochet With Us where can share your progress, ask questions, and get help!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Fluffy Clusters Infinity Scarf
- Approximately 312 yds of Lion Brand Scarfie Yarn in Cream/Black*
- Size N 9mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
st(s) – stitch(es)
sp(s) – space(s)
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
dc4tog – double crochet four stitches together (see special stitches)
CL – cluster
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
12.4 stitches & 4.4 rows = 4″
Approximately 10″ wide and 50″ long before seamed
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- The dc4tog forms a cluster and will be referred to in the pattern as CL.
- This project is worked flat and seamed at the ends to create an infinity scarf. If you wish to have a regular scarf, you can leave the ends open.
- Yarn over, insert hook into designated stitch
- Yarn over, pull up a loop
- Yarn over, pull through 2 loops
- Repeat Steps 1-3, 3 more times
- Yarn over, pull through all 5 loops on hook.
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, *ch 3, dc4tog over the next 4 sts, ch 1, 1 sc into the next st; Repeat from * across, turn. (6 clusters, 6 ch-3 spaces, 7 sc, 31 sts total)
Row 2: Ch 5, work 1 sc into the next CL, *ch 3, dc4tog into the ch-3 sp, ch 1, 1 sc in the next CL; Repeat from * until the last ch-3 sp, ch 3, dc4tog into the last ch-3 sp, 1 dc into the last st (Note: This is the sc from previous row), turn. (6 clusters, 6 ch-3 spaces, 6 sc, 1 dc, 31 sts total)
Row 3: Ch 1, sk the first st, 1 sc into the next CL, *ch 3, dc4tog into the next ch-3 sp, ch 1, 1 sc into the next CL; Repeat from * working last sc into the t-ch (Note: This is the top of the ch-5). (6 clusters, 6 ch-3 spaces, 7 sc, 31 sts total)
Row 4-53: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 54: Repeat Rows 2-3, fasten off and leave a 10″ long tail for sewing.
- Bring both ends of the infinity scarf together, so that the first row meets the last row.
- Using yarn tail and yarn needle, start sewing the two pieces together using a whip stitch.
Want to stay up to date on the newest scarf pattern releases for the Scarf of the Month Club? Sign up for our monthly notification email! You will receive one email per month when the scarf patterns are released. Sign up using the form below:
Click here to subscribe to our Scarf of the Month Club mailing list
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.