Welcome to the 2020 Scarf and Hat of the Month Club!
For this month’s pattern, I have a marvelous minty little scarf. I haven’t left my house in over a month but I made this cute little scarf to wear with my light jacket when I take the kids out to the backyard or for a walk. It’s on the shorter side, which is perfect if you want to just tuck it into the top of your jacket. Next week I will be sharing the coordinating hat! Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Mint Julep Scarf.
And for 24 hours only, get a FREE PDF version of this pattern from my Ravelry shop! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Join us for the April 2020 scarf patterns!
Rhondda and I are so excited to be hosting the Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL in 2020. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl pattern as well as a new hat pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months! Plus, we will have 6 amazing designers that will be joining us this year! If you want to know more about the Scarf and Hat of the Month Club CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
Something new that we will be doing is offering a free PDF version of our patterns for 24 hours! Make sure to stop by each blog and look for the coupon code or sale link!
If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves and hats that you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project. Rhondda has put together a great tutorial on how to add projects to Ravelry, which you can find here.
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfHatoftheMonthClub2020 to share your progress with us!
Make sure to visit the other Scarf posts from this month’s CAL:
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Mint Julep Scarf
- Approximately 312 yds of Category 5 Bulky Yarn; I used Lion Brand Scarfie* in the Mint/Silver colorway
- Size K 6.5 mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
 – work instructions as many times as directed
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
13.2 stitches & 10 rows = 4″ (in pattern stitch)
Approximately 9.5″ wide and 40″ long
Ch any multiple of 2
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This project is worked flat but can be seamed at the ends to create an infinity scarf.
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 dc into the same st as the sc, *sk the next st, [1 sc, 1 dc] into the next st; Repeat from * across until there are 2 sts remaining, sk the next st, 1 sc into the next st, turn. (31 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, [1 sc, 1 dc] into the first st, *sk the next st, [1 sc, 1 dc] into the next st; Repeat from * across until there are 2 sts remaining, sk the next st, 1 sc into the next st, turn. (31 sts)
Row 3-97: Repeat Row 2.
Row 98: Repeat Row 2, fasten off.
- Weave all ends.
- Please note that if you wish to make this an infinity scarf, all you have to do is bring the ends together and seam using the yarn tail and a yarn needle.
Click here to subscribe to our Scarf of the Month Club mailing list
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.