This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Stashbuster Granny Stripe Afghan
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Size J (6.0mm) Crochet Hook*
- Approximately 1630-1650 yds of Worsted Weight Yarn in several colors:
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
sc – single crochet
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
3 stitches & 1 .8 rows = 1″
Approximately 45″ x 40″
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise noted.
- The sizes are an approximation. They will not be exact. Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet.
- Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
Row 1: 2 dc in 4th ch from hook, *sk 2 sts, 3 dc in the next st** Repeat from * to ** across, turn. (129)
Row 2: Ch 3, *3 dc in between the next 3-dc clusters from previous row** Repeat from * to ** across, 1 dc into the t-ch, turn. (129)
Row 3: Ch 3, 2 dc into the space between the 1-dc and 3-dc cluster from previous row, *3 dc into the space between the next 3-dc clusters from previous row** Repeat from * to ** across, 3 dc into the space between the last 3-dc cluster and t-ch, turn. (129)
Row 4-71: Repeat Rows 2-3
Row 72: Row 2
For this afghan, I worked 6 rows of one color, 3 rows of white, and continued working this color pattern, alternating between different colors and white. However, you can work any color pattern that you wish. Since this is a stashbuster for me, I used whatever colors I had on hand. For color changing techniques, see the tutorial above.
- Join border color with a sl st in the last st of Row 72. Sc evenly around the entire blanket and finish off with an invisible join (see tutorial link above).
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.