Twists and Turns Stitch Tutorial
It’s that time again…time to learn a new stitch! I am so excited to show you the Twists & Turns Stitch because it is so unique but takes a little bit of skill. For this tutorial, I will show you how to make and 8″ x 8″ square. I hope you enjoy the tutorial! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Twists & Turns Stitch Afghan Square Tutorial
- Worsted or Aran weight yarn and any color of your choosing. I used Lion Brand Cotton-Ease for this example.
- Size H Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
tr – treble crochet
tch – turning chain
4 stitches & 2 rows = 1″
Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each st across.
Row 1 cont’d: Ch 3, turn (this counts as your first dc)
Row 2: 1 dc into each of the next 2 sts.
Row 2 cont’d: *sk the next 2 sts, tr in each of the next 2 sts.
Row 2 cont’d: working behind the 2 tr, tr in the first skipped st
Row 2 cont’d: tr in the next skipped st.
Row 2 cont’d:dc in the next 3 sts
Row 2 cont’d: sk the next 2 sts, tr into each of the next 2 sts. Working in front of the 2 tr, tr in first skipped st, tr into the next skipped st. 1 dc into each of the next 3 sts.**
Row 2 cont’d: Repeat from * to ** across. Ch 1, turn.
Row 3: sc in each st across, making sure to sc in the tch. Ch 3, turn.
Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until you have 17 Rows, to give you an 8″ x 8″ square. You can add a nice, simple single crochet border to finish it off.
And that’s it! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.
Thanks so much for offering this great tutorial and the others as well; and some cute patterns.
You’re welcome Dana! I hope you enjoy it!
I have got to try that twist and turns stitch on something.You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
I hope you enjoy the stitch!
thanks so much for sharing!!! ♥
Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy! 🙂
I think your page is very good thanks Iris
Thank you Iris!