With Fall here, what better way to show off your favorite Fall beverage than with a cute cup cozy. I know that it may sound silly to wrap your disposable coffee cup in some yarn but I love to accessorize when I’m out and about and yes, I accessorize my coffee cups too. Who wants those boring little cardboard sleeves when you can have a cute and colorful cozy that you made yourself? I thought, what better way to pay homage to my favorite fall beverage (the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte) than with a pumpkin coffee cozy. Here’s the pattern:
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Crochet Star Stitch Pumpkin Coffee Cozy
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- 1 skein of Category 4 Medium/Worsted weight yarn in Color A; I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream* in Robin’s Egg Blue
- Small amount of Category 4 Medium/Worsted weight yarn in Color B; I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream* in Orange
- Small amount of Category 4 Medium/Worsted weight yarn in Color C; I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream* in Green
- Size I 5.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Size F 3.75mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- (1) 1″ Button
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sp(s) – spaces
st(s) – stitch(es)
sk – skip
t-ch – turning chain
yo – yarn over
With I 5.5mm Hook and Color A
Repeat steps 5-9 all the way across and end with 1 hdc in the last ch (same ch as the last loop of previous star) (6 star sts)
Step 14: Yarn over and pull through all 6 loops on hook. Ch 1 to close the star.
Step 15: Continue with the star stitch (steps 5-9) all the way across ending with 1 hdc in the same ch as the last loop of the previous star.
Repeat steps 11-15 ten more times, ending with a row of sc (I wrapped my cozy around my cup to determine the right length. If your cozy is still too short to wrap around your cup, add a few more rows until you reach the desired length)
Ch 1, turn, 1 sc into each of the next 5 sts, ch 3, sk 3 sts, 1 sc into each of the last 5 sts.
For Pumpkin Applique:
- Magic circle.
- Ch 2, 12 dc in magic circle, join in the first dc with a sl st (not the ch 2.)
- Ch 1, [1 hdc, 1 dc] into the first st, 2 dc into each of the next 3 sts, 1 hdc into the next st, sl st into the next st, 1 hdc into the next st, 2 dc into each of the next 3 sts, [1 dc, 1 hdc] into the next st, sl st into the last st. Fasten off and leave a long tail for sewing.
- Join Color C in last st of previous round.
- Ch 3, 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook and the next st, sl st into beginning st of previous round. Fasten off and weave ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.