I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
We’ve all had days where we have a gazillion things to do and nearly no time to get them done. You also don’t have time to worry about dinner later so, what do you do? You turn to your favorite appliance in the house…your slow cooker. At least that’s what I do. I love making slow cooker dinners. I am always browsing the internet and Pinterest for slow cooker ideas. I especially love using my slow cooker when I know I have a busy day ahead and I want to make sure that I have enough time to spend with my family. Campbell’s Dinner Sauces definitely make it so much easier. You just throw all of your ingredients in the slow cooker, set it, and forget it! Today I’m making Pulled Pork Tacos with Apple slaw using Campbell’s Apple Bourbon BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce.
I stopped into my local Stop & Shop to pick up a few Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces since they save time and also because they were on sale this week! I headed over to the soup aisle and there they were. I picked up one of each of the slow cooker sauces but today I’m using Apple Bourbon BBQ. I also picked up a pork shoulder, some purple cabbage, a green apple, some carrots, and some taco shells.
I took my pork shoulder and placed it into my slow cooker. I added the sauce and made sure the pork was covered completely.
I set the timer to 8 hours and went about my day.
A little while before the pork finished, I prepped the apple slaw. I chopped the cabbage into ribbons, sliced the apples into matchsticks, grated some carrots and made the dressing. I had to use major knife skills but if you have a mandolin slicer or a food processor with a slicing blade, go to town!
I warmed the taco shells in the microwave and dressed the slaw. I shredded it with two forks and began assembling my tacos. I placed the pulled pork in the bottom of the taco shells, and added the apple slaw on top.
- Campbell’s Apple Bourbon BBQ Slow Cooker Sauce
- 2 lb pork shoulder
- 8 prepared taco shells
- 1 head of purple cabbage
- 1 green apple
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place pork shoulder into the slow cooker.
- Pour Campbell’s Slow Cooker sauce over the pork, making sure to cover it completely.
- Turn slow cooker on and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Right before pork is done, prepare the slaw.[br][b]For Slaw[/b]
- Shred cabbage.
- Slice apples into matchsticks.
- Shred carrots.[br][b]For Dressing[/b]
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dijon mustard, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and apples.
- Mix together until all of the cabbage mix is coated with the dressing.[br][b]Assembling Tacos[/b]
- Heat taco shells in microwave or oven (30 seconds on high in microwave or a few minutes in a 350 degree F oven.)
- Shred finished pork with two forks.
- Place pork into the bottom of the taco shells.
- Top with apple slaw.
These pulled pork tacos were so good and they didn’t take a lot of effort or too much time out of my day. I was able to have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and was able to spend the rest of the evening with my family. I love these great #EasyPrepMeals! If you want to learn more about Campbell’s Dinner Sauces, you can visit their Facebook page. Also, Campbell’s is having in-store demos on May 3rd in select stores. Make sure to call or visit your local Stop & Shop or Giant Food store to see if they are participating. You can get some great dinner ideas that will save you lots of time!
Thank you to #CollectiveBias for the opportunity to share my recipe! Enjoy!