I’m so excited to be able to bring you this week’s new stitch of the week! I am in love with the look and the texture of the Half Double V Stitch. It’s a simple stitch that works up very quickly. This tutorial shows you how to do the stitch and how to make an 8×8″ square. Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Half Double V Stitch Afghan Square
- 1 skein of worsted weight yarn. I used Red Heart With Love* for this example.
- Size I, 5.5mm* Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
t-ch – turning chain
14 stitches = 4″ & 8 rows = 4″
Ch any multiple of 2 + 2 for foundation ch
To make an 8″ x 8″ square,
Row 1: [hdc, ch1, hdc] into the 4th ch from hook. *Sk next ch, [hdc, ch1, hdc] in next ch.** Repeat from * to ** until you have 2 chs left. Sk next ch, hdc into last ch. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 2. *Sk next 2 sts, [hdc, ch1, hdc] in next ch sp.** Repeat from * to ** until the last hdc. Sk next st, hdc in the tch. Turn.
Row 3-16: Repeat Row 2.
To finish the square and make it 8×8″, I added a sc border around the entire square.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.