Welcome to the Blog Hop Crochet Along 2016!
I’m excited to be participating in the 2016 Blog Hop Crochet Along! I am teaming up with a bunch of amazing designers to bring you a bunch of amazing crochet patterns for the holidays! To find out more about the Blog Hop CAL, please see this post. My first contribution to the Blog Hop CAL is this adorable and super simple Little Tree Coffee Cup Cozy! It doesn’t take long to work up and adds a little bit of holiday cheer to your coffee cup! I hope you enjoy the pattern and Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Little Tree Coffee Cup Cozy
- Approximately 34 yds of Category 4 Worsted Weight Yarn in two colors:
- Size I 5.5 mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- 1″ Button
ch – chain
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
3.6 stitches & 3.2 rows = 1″
Approximately 2.5″ wide and 9″ long
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
With Color A,
Row 1: 1 hdc into the 2nd ch from hook and into each st across, turn. (32)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 hdc into each st across, turn. (32)
Row 3-6: Repeat Row 2
- Turn the work so you are working into the side of the rows, work 6 sc evenly down the side of the rows, work 3 sc into the corner, working into the other side of the ch, sc into each ch across, work 3 sc into the corner, work 6 sc evenly up the other side of the rows, fasten off.
- Join Color B in the first st of Row 6 with a sl st, sc into each st across, fasten off, weave ends.
- Join Color B into center st on one side of the cozy, ch 10, sl st into the same st, fasten off and weave ends. (This is your button loop to close the cozy around the cup.)
With Color B, Ch 8
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook and into each remaining st across, turn. (7)
Row 2: Ch 1, sk the first st, 1 sc into each of the next 5 sts, sl st into the last st, turn. (5)
Row 3: Ch 1, sk the sl st, 1 sc into each of the next 5 sts, turn. (5)
Row 4: Ch 1, sk the first st, 1 sc into each of the next 3 sts, sl st into the last st, turn. (3)
Row 5: Ch 1, sk the sl st, 1 sc into each of the next 3 sts, turn. (3)
Row 6: Ch 1, sk the first st, 1 sc into the next st, sl st into the last st, turn. (1)
Row 7: Ch 1, sk the sl st, 1 sc into the next st, turn. (1)
- Sc evenly around the entire tree, join in beginning sc with an invisible join, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing.
- Place tree applique in the center of the cozy, placing the top of the tree close to the top of the cozy.
- Using the yarn tail and yarn needle, sew the applique onto the cozy, fasten off, weave ends.
- Join Color B at the base of the tree applique, in the center with a sl st. Sl st 2-3 sts down to the bottom of the cozy to create a tree trunk (see tutorial for surface crochet linked above). Fasten off, weave ends.
- Add a french knot or embroider a star at the top of the tree for added detail (optional)
- Align button so that it is centered with the loop closure. Using yarn and needle, sew button onto the cozy.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.