I am so excited to share my next project for the 2017 Holiday Blog Hop! In case you missed what the holiday blog hop is all about, we share 3 new holiday-themed/gift-themed crochet patterns each week from July to November! There are many great designers participating this year. To find out more about the blog hop and to see which patterns have already been released, please visit Mistie’s Introduction post here: 2017 Holiday Blog Hop. If you want to see the first pattern I created for the 2017 Holiday Blog Hop, you can find it here. I hope you enjoy my Holiday Wine Bottle Hat and Scarf Cozy! It is an adorable way to personalize and dress up a simple wine bottle for the holidays! Happy Crocheting! 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Holiday Wine Bottle Hat and Scarf Cozy
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 55 yds of Category 4 Medium Weight Yarn in three colors:
- Size G 4mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- Small Pom Pom Maker* (optional)
ch – chain
BL – back loop
sc – single crochet
sc dec – single crochet decrease
sk – skip
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
20 stitches & 20 rows = 4″ (in sc)
Scarf: Approximately 13″ long and 1.5″ wide
Hat: Approximately 5.5″ in diameter
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- All color changes are made in the last yarn over of the last stitch in each row/round.
With Color A,
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook and into each remaining st across, turn. (7 sts)
Row 2: 1 sc into each st across, turn. (7 sts)
Row 3: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color B
Row 4: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color C
Row 5-7: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color B
Row 8: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color A
Round 9-11: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color B
Row 12-59: Repeat Rows 4-11
- Fasten off, weave all ends.
- Cut 28 strands of Color B into 2 inch lengths
- Add 2 strands of yarn to each st of the first and last rows to create a fringe.
- Trim the fringe to make it look even.
With Color B (leave a long tail for sewing up the ribbing),
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook and into each remaining st across, turn. (4 sts)
Row 2-15: 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into the BL of the next 2 sts, 1 sc into the last st, turn. (4 sts)
Turn your work so that you are now working into the side of the rows. Sc 15 sts evenly across, join in the beginning sc. (15 sts)
Change to Color C
You will now be working in the round.
Round 1: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st around, join in the beginning sc with a sl st. (15 sts)
Round 2-4: Repeat Round 1
Round 5: Ch 1, *1 sc into the next st, 1 sc dec over the next 2 sts; Repeat from * around, join in beginning sc with a sl st. (10 sts)
Round 6: Ch 1, *1 sc dec over the next 2 sts; Repeat from * around, join in beginning sc, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. (5 sts)
- Using the long tail from the ribbing of the hat, sew the ends of the first and last rows together.
- Using the long tail from the top of the hat, cinch the top closed by weaving the yarn back and forth through the opening.
- Make a small pom pom using a pom pom maker or your favorite pom pom making method.
- Attach the pom pom to the top of the hat.
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.