I am so excited to participate in this year’s 12 Weeks of Christmas CAL! My contribution is this lovely Holly Jolly Christmas Pillow. It is the perfect accent pillow for your bed or sofa. I added two holly berry bunches to my pillow but there is definitely room to add more! I hope you enjoy the pattern. Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts! I also received complimentary skeins of yarn used in this pattern, from Red Heart, to be used in my design. I was not financially compensated to use this products in my post.
Holly Jolly Christmas Pillow
Add to Ravelry Queue and Favorites
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 616 yds of Category 4 Medium Yarn in three colors:
- Size I 5.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- 18″ Pillow Form*
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
 – indicates instructions to be repeated inside of the brackets
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
12.8 stitches & 10.8 rows = 4″ (in pattern stitch)
Approximately 19″ x 19″
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. If you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
Pillow (Make 2)
With Color A,
Row 1: 1 hdc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 hdc into each remaining st across, turn. (60 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 hdc into each st across, turn. (60 sts)
Row 3-51: Repeat Row 2
Row 52: Repeat Row 2, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing.
Holly Berries (Make 6)
With Color B,
Magic circle, ch 1
Round 1: 8 hdc into the magic circle, join in beginning hdc. (8 sts)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc into each st around, join in beginning hdc, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. (16 sts)
Holly Leaf (Make 4)
With Color C,
Row 1: 1 sc into the first st, 1 hdc into the next st, 1 dc into each of the next 2 sts, 1 tr into the next st, 1 dc into each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc into the next st, 3 sc into the last st. (11 sts)
Working into the bottom of loops of the ch, 1 hdc into the next st, 1 dc into each of the next 2 sts, 1 tr into the next st, 1 dc into each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc into the next st, 1 sc into the last st, turn. (8 sts)
Round 2: *Ch 3, sl st into the 3rd ch (this is the picot st), sl st into each of the next 2 sts; Repeat from * around until the last st, ch 3, sl st into the 3rd ch, sl st into the same st, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. (9 picot sts)
- Attach the holly berries and leaves to the pillow using the yarn ends and yarn needle.
- Bring the two sections of the pillow together.
- Using yarn needle, whip stitch the edges together on three sides.
- Insert the pillow form into the cover.
- Close the remaining edge with a whip stitch.
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.