I’m so excited to be participating in the 2023 Summer Quickies CAL, hosted by CAL Central! For more information on the CAL, check out the Introduction Post by Marie from Underground Crafter. This year there are 8 quick summer crochet patterns and an end of CAL Giveaway! All of the yarn for our projects have been graciously provided by Hobbii! If you’re new to Hobbii, it’s a one-stop shop for yarn lovers from around the globe. Hobbii sells yarn, hooks, needles, patterns, and more! Hobbii ships to 17 countries including the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan and many European countries with flat rate or free shipping! For my project, I used Hobbii Friends Cotton 8/8 in 3 different colorways. My pattern contribution is a quick and easy little washcloth that is made in fun summer colors. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Summer Vibes Washcloth. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts! I also received complimentary skeins of the yarn used in this pattern, from Hobbii Yarn, to be used in my design. I was not financially compensated to use these products in my post.
About the Yarn
Cotton is a great, strong, durable, breathable, absorbent, and lightweight natural fiber. Friends Cotton 8/8 has no less than all these characteristics and it is made out of 8 threads spun together. All the shades have been thoughtfully selected to create a complete range that spans from bright to pastel and darker colors. The whole range comes with our “easy start” pull-out tab, making it much handier to find the beginning of your skein.
This fiber is also easy to take care of, making Friends Cotton 8/8 so versatile that you can craft anything with it. Need some inspiration? We recommend dishcloths, pot holders, totes, and rugs for your house. It will be suitable for any kind of garment for both babies, children, and adults. And let’s not forget stuffed toys, amigurumi, and cute animals. Cotton has a great stitch definition and will work amazingly well with textured stitches.Hobbii
- Light Worsted/DK (3) yarn
- 100% Cotton
- 1.75 oz (50 g) and 82 yds (75 m)
- Recommended Hook Size: 4 mm (G)
- Care Instructions: Machine wash 40°C (104°F) / Do not tumble dry / Dry flat.
A huge thank you to Hobbii for providing the yarn for this project!
Summer Vibes Washcloth
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 54 yds of Category 3 Light Worsted/DK Yarn in 3 Colors:
- Size H 5mm Furls Streamline Teal Glitter Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
13.6 stitches & 10.8 rows = 4″ (in pattern st)
Approximately 7″ x 7″
Ch a multiple of 2+1
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. If you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- All color changes are made in the last yarn over of the last stitch of the row.
With Color A, ch 25
Row 1: 1 hdc into the 2nd ch from hook, *1 sc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st; Repeat from * across, 1 hdc into the last st, turn. (24 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 hdc into the first st, *1 sc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st; Repeat from * across, 1 hdc into the last st, turn. (24 sts)
Rows 3-8: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color B
Rows 9-11: Repeat Row 2
Change to Color C
Rows 12-18: Repeat Row 2
Row 19: Repeat Row 2, fasten off. (24 sts)
- Weave all remaining ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.