Halloween is a little over a month away and I am so excited to be participating in the 2021 Halloween CAL hosted by CAL Central! There are 12 fantastic Halloween-themed free crochet patterns this year and an End-of-CAL giveaway as well. To find out more about the 2021 Halloween Crochet Along, check out the introduction post from Underground Crafter. My pattern contribution is a quick and easy Frankenstein-themed coffee cup cozy. It’s super cute and festive! Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for my Franken-cozy Coffee Cup Cozy. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Franken-cozy Coffee Cup Cozy
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 37 yds of Category 4 Medium Weight Yarn in 3 colors:
- Size I 5.5mm Furls Streamline Solar Flare Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
14.4 stitches & 14 rows = 4″ (in single crochet)
Approximately 3″ wide and 10″ long, before seamed.
Chain any number of stitches
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This project is worked flat and seamed at the ends.
- This pattern is very versatile. The length and width can easily be adjusted to fit any cup by adding more rows or omitting rows.
With Color A,
Row 1: Work 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, work 1 sc into each remaining st across, turn. (9 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st across, turn. (9 sts)
Row 3-35: Repeat Row 2
- Turn your work and sc 35 sts evenly down the side of the rows.
- Turn and sc 9 sts evenly across the foundation row.
- Fasten off Color A, leaving a long tail for sewing.
- Join Color B into the same st where you fastened off Color A.
- Sc across, and crochet random spike sts throughout to create the look of hair. I randomly added spike sts that went one row below and two rows below, in addition to regular sc sts.
- Join into the beginning sc with a sl st, fasten off.
Bolts (Make 2)
With Color B,
Row 1: Work 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, work 1 sc into the next st, turn. (2 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st across, turn. (2 sts)
Row 3: Ch 1, 2 sc into the first st, 2 sc into the next st, turn. (4 sts)
Row 4: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st across, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. (4 sts)
- Bring both ends of the cozy together so that beginning row meets the end row.
- Using the yarn tail and a yarn needle, whip stitch the ends together.
- Using the yarn tails from the Bolt pieces and a yarn needle, whip stitch the bolts into place on the cozy and secure them into place.
- Using Color B and a yarn needle, embroider a scar onto the front of the cozy, just above the right bolt.
- Weave all ends.
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.