This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Crochet Shell Stitch Baby Blanket
For a step by step photo tutorial for the Shell Stitch, click here
- Approximately 1860 – 1862 yards (1701 – 1703 m) of Category 4 worsted weight yarn in 3 different colors (approximately 621 yds of each color).
- Color A: I used Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Seaspray (Please note that this yarn has since been discontinued. A great alternative is Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice*)
- Color B: I used Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Snow
- Color C: I used Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Stone
- Size J (6mm) Crochet hook*
- Yarn needle* for weaving ends
t-ch – turning chain
- This pattern is written in US terms
- All stitches are worked through both loops unless otherwise noted
- The color changes are made on the last yarn over of the last stitch of the row
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- Please note that the yarn originally used for this blanket has been discontinued. A great alternative is Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice*
Mini Shell Edging:
- Join next color into a corner of the blanket, ch 2
- 4 hdc in first st, *sk next st, sc in next st, sk next st, 4 hdc in next st** Repeat from * to ** around entire blanket, sl st into the beginning ch 2.
- Fasten off and weave ends
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.