Title: Tunisian Crochet Today – Projects for You and Your Home
Published by: Martingale
Author: Sheryl Thies
Photographs by: Brent Kane
Tunisian Crochet Today – Projects for You and Your Home contains a beginner’s guide to Tunisian Crochet, finishing techniques, and eight beautiful patterns for you and your home. Here is what is included in this publication:
- Getting Started with Tunisian Crochet
- Techniques for an Attractive Finish
- Essential Pleasure: An iconic chevron afghan with oversized tassels. Made with Worsted Merino Superwash from Plymouth Yarn in color 27 and Boucle Merino Superwash from Plymouth Yarn in color 27.
- Reversible Kickshaw: Reversible place mats and coordinating coasters. Made with Fantasy Naturale from Plymouth Yarn.
- Gourmet Popcorn: A comforting pillow with popcorn-like texture. Made with Summer Tweed from Rowan Yarns.
- Ginger Roll: A spicy bolster pillow. Made with Bonsai from Berroco in Pickled Ginger.
- Button Down: Classic envelope pillow with diagonal stripes and accent buttons. Made with Wool Classica from Manos del Uruguay.
- Go Green: A durable, sturdy tote. Made with Grass from Plymouth Yarn in color 9063
- Triple Amusement: The perfect warm-weather bag with three colors worked over two different stitch patterns. Made with Creative Focus Linen from Nashua Handknits.
Here are a few of the projects that you will find in this book:
Reversible Kickshaw (my favorite!)
The beautiful patterns in this book are easy to read and come with a handy stitch guide at the beginning of each pattern. You will also find the finished measurements of each project as well as the gauge to ensure that you have the correct sizing. My favorite thing about this book are the last two pages. They contain very useful information for any new crocheter or anyone new to Tunisian Crochet. The pages contain the standard yarn weights, Tunisian Crochet hook sizes, an abbreviation glossary, and more!
You can purchase Tunisian Crochet Today – Projects for You and Your Home from Martingale for $12.99 for the printed version + eBook or $7.99 for just the eBook.
I hope you will purchase this great book and try out all of the projects! If you already own it, leave me a comment and let me know what you think!