Welcome to the 2022 Scarf of the Month CAL!
For my December contribution, I have a this quick and easy cowl! It is made with Lion Brand Mandala yarn in a gorgeous blue colorway. Next week I will share the free pattern for the matching hat. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Willow Cowl.
And for a limited time only, get a FREE PDF version of this pattern from my Ravelry shop! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Rhondda and I are so excited to continue hosting the Scarf of the Month CAL in 2022. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months! Plus, we will have 11 amazing designers that will be joining us this year. If you want to know more about the Scarf of the Month CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
We will also be continuing to offer a free PDF version of our patterns for 24 hours! Make sure to stop by each blog and look for the coupon code or sale link.
We have also added a supply list! To see the supplies needed for our scarf and hat patterns, click here.
If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves and hats that you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project. Rhondda has put together a great tutorial on how to add projects to Ravelry, which you can find here.
Make sure to visit the other Scarf posts from this month’s CAL:
Click here to see Rhondda’s December Pattern: Full of Woe Infinity Scarf
Click here to see the Star Line Cowl by The Purple Poncho
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 107 yds of Category 3 Light Weight Yarn; I used Lion Brand Mandala* in the Mermaid colorway
- Size H 5mm Furls Streamline Zodiac Aquarius Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
ch-sp – chain space
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
15.6 stitches & 10.8 rows = 4″ (in pattern st)
Approximately 4.5″ wide and 26″ around
Chain a multiple of 5 + 3
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
Round 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc into each remaining st across, join into the beginning sc with a sl st, turn. (102 sts)
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into the next st, *ch 3, sk the next 3 sts, 1 sc into each of the next 2 sts; Repeat from * around, join into the beginning sc with a sl st, turn. (102 sts)
Round 3: Ch 3, sk the next 2 sts, work 5 dc into the next ch-sp, *sk the next 2 sc, 5 dc into the next ch-sp; Repeat from * around until there are 2 sts remaining, sk the next st, 1 dc into the last st, join into the beginning ch-3 with a sl st, turn. (102 sts)
Rounds 4-11: Repeat Rounds 2-3
Round 12: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st around, join in the beginning sc with a sl st or invisible join. (102 sts)
- Fasten off.
- Weave all ends.
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.