When Fall rolls around, I love making coffee cozies to accessorize my favorite Fall drinks. Sometimes when I get a cup of coffee at my favorite coffee shop, I am 1. Usually in a hurry and 2. Always need extra sugar. That’s why I made this cute, fall-themed coffee cozy with a sugar packet pocket! If you are a tea drinker, feel free to stick your tea bag in there instead! It’s great for anyone that likes to enjoy a hot beverage. The best part is, this cozy is reusable! No more throwing away those little cardboard cozies that don’t even keep your hands from burning off. Make your own! Here’s how:
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Give Me Some Sugar Coffee Cozy
- 75 yds of Berroco Vintage Chunky – Sunny*
- Size I 5.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- 1″ button
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
14 stitches = 4″ & 10 rows = 4″
2 + 1 for foundation ch
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 dc into the next st, *1 sc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st; Repeat from * across, turn. (14)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 dc into the next st, *1 sc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st; Repeat from * across, turn. (14)
Row 3-28: Repeat Row 2
Row 29: Ch 1, 1 sc into each of the next 7 sts, ch 8, sl st into the same st, 1 sc into each of the next 7 sts. [Note: This is the loop for the button. Make the chain longer if you need a wider opening for the button.] (14+8 ch sts)
Fasten off, weave ends.
Sugar Packet Pocket:
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 dc into the next st, *1 sc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st; Repeat from * across, turn. (8)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 dc into the next st, *1 sc into the next st, 1 dc into the next st; Repeat from * across, turn. (8)
Row 3-8: Repeat Row 2
Fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing.
- Position button onto opposite side of loop. Secure using a strand of yarn and yarn needle
- Attach the pocket by using the tail end and a yarn needle. Sew the square onto the cozy on 3 sides, leaving the top open.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.