When I went to my LYS and saw this gorgeous Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick(affiliate link) yarn, I knew immediately what I wanted to make with it. It was so gorgeous and reminded me of snow. Since winter is almost in full swing here, I decided to make a cowl for my little munchkin. Kaylee loves scarves and loves the snow so I knew she would love this cowl. It’s a quick and super easy pattern that can be worked up in about an hour. Check out the pattern for Kaylee’s Snowy Day Cowl!
Kaylee’s Snowy Day Cowl
- 1 skein (92 yards) of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn in Celebration*, or any other size 6 super bulky yarn
- Size N, 9mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle, for weaving ends
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
sk – skip
st – stitch
tch – turning chain
8 stitches & 4 rows=4 inches
2+3 for foundation chain
6″ wide x 21 1/2″ around
Row 1: Dc in the 4th ch from hook. *Sc in next st, dc in next st.** Repeat from * to ** until the last st. Sc in the last st. Turn.
Row 2: Ch 3 (This will count as your first dc) Sk first sc. *Sc in the next st, dc in next st** Repeat until the last st. Sc in the tch. Turn.
Row 3-32: Repeat Row 2.
Leave a very long tail for sewing the 2 ends of the cowl together. Working on the wrong side, place the two ends together. Using the yarn needle and the long tail, sew the ends together using a whip stitch. Weave any extra ends. And that is it, you are all done!
Get the supplies for this project and help support my blog by making your purchase through my affiliate links!
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.