It’s time for the last installment in my Spa Day series! This week I am sharing my pattern for this quick and easy Mesh Soap Saver. Next week , I will have an awesome sugar scrub and show you how I put my basket together! I hope you enjoy this pattern and the rest of the patterns in this series. Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Easy Mesh Soap Saver
- Approximately 36 yds of Category 4 Medium Weight Yarn in two colors:
- Size I 5.5mm Crochet Hook*
- Size H 5.0mm Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sc – single crochet
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
4 stitches and 3 rows = 1 inch
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- Row 3/Round 3 is a row that turns into a round. You will crochet all the way across the row and then work down the side, around the bottom, and up the other side to turn it into a round.
With I Hook
Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, and in each ch across. Turn. (10 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, sc in each st across. Turn. (10 sts)
Row 3/Round 3: Ch 1, 2 sc in the first st, sc in each st until the last st of the row, 2 sc in the last st of the row. Work 3 sc down the side of the rows. Working in the bottom loops of the original chain, 2 sc in first ch, sc in each ch until the last ch, 2 sc in the last ch. Work 3 sc up the side of the rows. Join in first sc. Do not turn. You will now be working in the round. (30 sts)
Round 4: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1), sk next st *dc in next st, ch 1, sk next st; Repeat from * around. Join into the top of the t-ch. (15 dc sts)
Round 5: Ch 4 (counts as dc and ch 1), *dc in ch-1 sp, ch 1; Repeat from * around. Join in top of t-ch. (15 dc sts)
Rounds 6-9: Repeat Round 5
Round 10: ch 1, hdc in each ch-1 sp and in the top of each dc around. Fasten off, join using an invisible join. (30 sts)
With H Hook,
Tightly ch 70. Fasten off leaving a long tail. Using your yarn needle, thread the end of the drawstring through and weave it through the hdc sts in Round 10. Knot and trim ends.
- Weave all ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT PDF patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.