Welcome to the Crochet With Us Fall Poncho CAL Part 6!
For Part 5 please visit Rhondda’s post: Crochet With Us – Fall Poncho CAL – Part 5, at Oombawka Design Crochet
If you haven’t started the CAL yet or don’t know anything about it, you can find a lot of helpful information in the Introduction Post. In the Introduction post, you will find information about the yarn options, hook sizes, finished project sizes, yarn yardages, and updated links to all parts of the CAL. After each part is published online, the link will be added to the Introduction Post, on a post by post basis.
Here’s how to participate in this CAL:
- Add this CAL to your Ravelry Queue
- Join the Crochet With Us! Ravelry group for assistance with the CAL and to share your progress
- Join the Crochet With Us Group on Facebook for assistance with the CAL – it is a lovely group filled with helpful and caring Crocheters who are happy to help each other.
- Share your progress on Instagram using #CWUPonchoCAL2015
Yarn Colors and Hook:
This post will show the poncho using Knit Picks Gloss DK and a 5.0 mm (H) hook. Colors used are as follows:
Row 1-5: Seaspray
Row 6-9: Cream
Row 10-15: Robot
Row 16-23: Seaspray
Row 24-29: Cream
Row 30-33: Cream
Option 1: Worsted Weight (Red Heart Soft) – 6.0 mm (J). Instructions are for Child Size 6.
Option 2: DK Weight (Knit Picks Gloss) – 5.0 mm (H). Instructions are for Child Size 4.
beg – beginning
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
st(s) – stitch(es)
sk – skip
t-ch – turning chain
* – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
() – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
(Option 1 Stitch Count, Option 2 Stitch Count) – end of row stitch counts
Popcorn Stitch – this is a full photo tutorial for the popcorn stitch that will be used in this week’s part of the crochet-along.
- 5 dc into the designated stitch
- Remove hook from loop of the last dc
- Insert hook from front to back into top of first dc
- Pick up the dropped loop from the last dc made
- Pull the loop through, this finishes off the popcorn st
- Colors are changed in the last yarn over.
- The ch-3 at the end of Row 29 counts as the first dc of Row 30
Row 30: (Ch 3 counts as first dc here and throughout) Sk first st, *work one Popcorn Stitch in next st (see special stitches above), ch 1, sk next st** Repeat from * to ** across, dc in the last st, ch 1, turn. (34, 44)
Row 31: Sc in each st and in each ch-1 sp across, ending with 1 sc in the t-ch, ch 3, turn. (34, 44)
Row 32: Sk first st, *work one Popcorn Stitch in next st, ch 1, sk next st** Repeat from * to ** across, dc in the last st, ch 1, turn. (34, 44)
Row 33: Sc in each st and in each ch-1 sp across, ending with 1 sc in the t-ch, changing color on the last yarn over of the last st, ch 3, turn. (34, 44)
If you are making Option 1, your piece will measure 11.5″ wide and approximately 9.5″ in height after Row 33.
If you are making Option 2, your piece will measure 10.5″ wide and approximately 8.75″ in height after Row 33.