Chelsea Infinity Scarf Free Crochet Pattern
Welcome to the 2023 Scarf of the Month CAL!
For my May contribution, I have this gorgeous infinity scarf that has a great texture. It has a slight openness that makes it light and not too bulky. This scarf is made with Lion Brand Mandala Baby yarn in the Dreamworld colorway. Next week I will share the free pattern for the matching hat. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Chelsea Infinity Scarf.
And for a limited time only, get a FREE PDF version of this pattern from my Ravelry shop! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Rhondda and I are so excited to host the Scarf of the Month CAL in 2023. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months! Plus, we will have 12 amazing designers that will be joining us this year. If you want to know more about the Scarf of the Month CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
We will also be continuing to offer a free PDF version of our patterns for 24 hours! Make sure to stop by each blog and look for the coupon code or sale link.
We have also added a supply list! To see the supplies needed for our scarf and hat patterns, click here.
If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves and hats that you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project. Rhondda has put together a great tutorial on how to add projects to Ravelry, which you can find here.
We would also love to see your projects on Instagram! Tag us on Instagram at @thestitchinmommy and/or @oombawkadesigncrochet and use the hashtag #ScarfoftheMonth to share your progress with us!
Also, check out our Crochet With Us Group and The Stitchin’ Mommy Crochet Community, on Facebook, where can share your progress, ask questions, and get help with the patterns from this CAL!
Make sure to visit the other Scarf posts from this month’s CAL:
Click here to see Rhondda’s May Pattern: Lacy Summer Scarf
Click here to see The Harmony Cowl by 5 Little Monsters
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Chelsea Infinity Scarf
Add to Ravelry Queue and Favorites
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 292 yds of Category 3 Light Weight Yarn; I used Lion Brand Mandala Baby* in the Dreamworld colorway
- Size I 5.5 mm Furls Streamline Galaxy Polaris Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
15.2 stitches & 8.8 rows = 4″ (in pattern st)
Approximately 8″ wide and 36″ long, before seamed
Chain a multiple of 2 + 1
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This pattern is worked flat and seamed at the ends to create an infinity scarf.
Row 1: 1 hdc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 hdc into each remaining st across, turn. (30 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 hdc into each st across, turn. (30 sts)
Rows 3-5: Repeat Row 2
Row 6: Ch 3 (count as 1 dc), *sk the next st, 1 dc into the next st, 1 dc into the skipped st (over the previous dc); Repeat from * across, 1 dc into the last st, turn. (30 sts)
Rows 7-8: Repeat Row 6
Rows 9-13: Repeat Row 2
Rows 14-16: Repeat Row 6
Rows 17-21: Repeat Row 2
Rows 22-24: Repeat Row 6
Rows 25-29: Repeat Row 2
Rows 30-32: Repeat Row 6
Rows 33-37: Repeat Row 2
Rows 38-40: Repeat Row 6
Rows 41-45: Repeat Row 2
Rows 46-48: Repeat Row 6
Rows 41-45: Repeat Row 2
Rows 46-48: Repeat Row 6
Rows 49-53: Repeat Row 2
Rows 54-56: Repeat Row 6
Rows 57-61: Repeat Row 2
Rows 62-64: Repeat Row 6
Rows 65-69: Repeat Row 2
Rows 70-72: Repeat Row 6
Rows 73-77: Repeat Row 2
Rows 78-79: Repeat Row 6
Row 80: Repeat Row 6, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. (30 sts)
- Bring both ends of the infinity scarf together so that beginning row meets the end row.
- Using the yarn tail and a yarn needle, whip stitch the ends together.
- Weave all ends.
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.