I’m so excited to participate in the 2023 Cozy at Home CAL! If this is your first time hearing about the Cozy at Home CAL, you can find more information in the Introduction Post by Marie from Underground Crafter. We have 10 amazing patterns that are perfect for decorating your home. Don’t forget to check out the end of CAL Giveaway as well! For more fun CAL fun, check out the CAL Central Crochet group on Facebook. My contribution is a simple coaster. We are always misplacing our coasters around the house and I never miss an opportunity to make them myself. For this simple coaster, I used Knit Picks Dishie yarn, which is one of my favorite cotton yarns. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Simple Cozy Coaster. I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Simple Cozy Coaster
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 32 yds of Category 4 Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn in 2 colors:
- Size I 5.5mm Furls Streamline Capricorn Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch – chain
sc – single crochet
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts/notes
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
12 stitches & 12 rows = 4″ (in sc)
Approximately 4.5″ in diameter
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. If you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This pattern is worked in the round. Do not join after each round unless otherwise noted.
- Magic Ring tutorial
- Invisible Join tutorial
With Color A & B held together,
Magic Circle, ch 1
Round 1: Work 6 sc into the magic circle. (6 sts)
Round 2: 2 sc into each st around. (12 sts)
Round 3: *1 sc into the next st, 2 sc into the next st; Repeat from * around. (18 sts)
Round 4: *2 sc into the next st, 1 sc into each of the next 2 sts; Repeat from * around. (24 sts)
Round 5: *1 sc into each of the next 3 sts, 2 sc into the next st; Repeat from * around. (30 sts)
Round 6: *2 sc into the next st, 1 sc into each of the next 4 sts; Repeat from * around. (36 sts)
Round 7: *1 sc into each of the next 5 sts, 2 sc into the next st; Repeat from * around, fasten off. (42 sts)
- Finish with an invisible join.
- Weave all ends.
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.