My good friend Courtney just celebrated her birthday! I asked her if she wanted a hat, (as a joke since I was in a hat-making frenzy), but she said she wanted a headband instead. She also wanted it to match the Rustic Chunky Button Cowl that I gave her for Christmas. So, I whipped up this quick and easy Rustic Chunky Headband! It is a great compliment to the Rustic Chunky Button Cowl with matching yarn and buttons. I hope you enjoy the pattern. Happy Crocheting!
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Rustic Chunky Headband
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 57 yds of of Category 6 super bulky yarn; Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick in the Hudson Bay colorway*
- Size P (10 mm) Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
- 1″ Button* (2)
- Thread and sewing needle (optional)
ch – chain
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
sp(s) – space(s)
st(s) – stitch(es)
t-ch – turning chain
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
8.8 stitches & 7.6 rows = 4″
- Adult Small – Fits 21″ Head size
- Adult Medium – Fits 22″ Head size
- Adult Large – Fits 23″ Head size
Any number of stitches
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook and into each st across, turn. (10)
Row 2: Ch 3 (count as 1 dc), sk the first st, 1 dc into each st across, turn. (10)
Row 3: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into each remaining st across, working the last st into the t-ch, turn. (10)
Row 4: Ch 1, 1 sc into the first st, 1 sc into each remaining st across, turn. (10)
Row 5: Repeat Row 2
Row 6-7: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 8: Repeat Row 2
Row 9-10: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 11: Repeat Row 2
Row 12-13: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 14: Repeat Row 2
Row 15-16: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 17: Repeat Row 2
Row 18-19: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 20: Repeat Row 2
Row 21-22: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 23: Repeat Row 2
Row 24-25: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 26: Repeat Row 2
Row 27-28: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 29: Repeat Row 2
Row 30-31: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 32: Repeat Row 2
Row 33-34: Repeat Rows 3-4
Row 35: Repeat Row 2
Row 36-37: Repeat Rows 3-4 (For Size Adult Small, fasten off after Row 37 and weave all ends)
Row 38: Repeat Row 2
Row 39-40: Repeat Rows 3-4 (For Size Adult Medium, fasten off after Row 40 and weave all ends)
Row 41: Repeat Row 2
Row 42-43: Repeat Rows 3-4 (For Size Adult Large, fasten off after Row 43 and weave all ends)
- Turn your work horizontally and place your buttons along Row 2 (I put one button on the beginning of the row and one at the end.)
- Using needle and thread (or yarn and yarn needle) sew buttons on.
- There are no button holes needed for the headband because of the nature of the stitches. You can button anywhere along the headband through the dc sts.
- Button the two ends of the headband together and turn so that the buttons are on the bottom. Find what looks like the center and pinch together. Sew the pinched center together with yarn and yarn needle. Weave ends.
Free patterns found on this site can be used to make finished items for the following purposes:
For personal use
As gifts for friends/family
For charity donations
For sale online
For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
When using the free patterns found on this site, please be aware of the following:
You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.