Welcome to the 2023 Scarf of the Month CAL!
For my June contribution, I have this lovely cowl that has a great open mesh pattern. It is light and airy, and perfect for the warmer weather. This scarf is made with Lion Brand Mandala Baby yarn in the Honeydukes colorway. Next week I will share the free pattern for the matching hat. Scroll down to check out the FREE crochet pattern for the Sadie Mesh Cowl.
And for a limited time only, get a FREE PDF version of this pattern from my Ravelry shop! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Crocheting!
Rhondda and I are so excited to host the Scarf of the Month CAL in 2023. We will each have a new free scarf/cowl pattern on our blogs each month, for 12 months! Plus, we will have 12 amazing designers that will be joining us this year. If you want to know more about the Scarf of the Month CAL, including the schedule, please visit this intro post.
We will also be continuing to offer a free PDF version of our patterns for 24 hours! Make sure to stop by each blog and look for the coupon code or sale link.
We have also added a supply list! To see the supplies needed for our scarf and hat patterns, click here.
If you would like to share your progress, please feel free to add your Ravelry Project Pages for each of the scarves and hats that you make! Each pattern post will include a specific pattern link to Ravelry so you can add your own project. Rhondda has put together a great tutorial on how to add projects to Ravelry, which you can find here.
Make sure to visit the other Scarf posts from this month’s CAL:
Click here to see Rhondda’s June Pattern: Lacy V-Stitch Scarf
Click here to see the Winter Haven Scarf by Pattern Paradise
This post contains affiliate links. I do receive a commission if you make a purchase through my link(s), which helps support my blog and allows me to bring you more great posts!
Sadie Mesh Cowl
Purchase PDF on Ravelry
Purchase PDF on Etsy
- Approximately 100 yds of Category 3 Light Weight Yarn; I used Lion Brand Mandala Baby* in the Honeydukes colorway
- Size I 5.5 mm Furls Streamline Galaxy Polaris Crochet Hook*
- Yarn Needle* for weaving ends
ch(s) – chain(s)
dc – double crochet
sc – single crochet
sk – skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
() – indicates stitch counts
* – indicates instructions to be repeated
16.4 stitches & 9.2 rows = 4″ (in pattern st)
Approximately 7″ wide and 24″ long, before seamed
Chain a multiple of 2
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- Sizing will vary depending on how tightly or loosely you crochet. Gauge is not necessary for this pattern but if you would like to keep the sizing the same, please check your gauge before starting this project.
- This pattern is worked flat and seamed at the ends to create a cowl.
Row 1: 1 sc into the 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc into each remaining st across, turn. (29 sts)
Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc into each st across, turn. (29 sts)
Row 3: Repeat Row 2
Row 4: Ch 4 (count as 1 dc and a ch-1), sk the first st and the next st, 1 dc into the next st, *ch 1, sk the next st, 1 dc into the next st; Repeat from * across, turn. (29 sts)
Rows 5-8: Repeat Row 4
Rows 9-11: Repeat Row 2
Rows 12-16: Repeat Row 4
Rows 17-19: Repeat Row 2
Rows 20-24: Repeat Row 4
Rows 25-27: Repeat Row 2
Rows 28-32: Repeat Row 4
Rows 33-35: Repeat Row 2
Rows 36-40: Repeat Row 4
Rows 41-43: Repeat Row 2
Rows 44-48: Repeat Row 4
Rows 49-51: Repeat Row 2
Rows 52-55: Repeat Row 4
Row 56: Repeat Row 4, fasten off, leave a long tail for sewing. (29 sts)
- Sc evenly across both sides of the cowl for a finished look.
- Bring both ends of the cowl together so that the beginning row meets the end row.
- Using the yarn tail and a yarn needle, whip stitch the ends together.
- Weave all ends.
- For personal use
- As gifts for friends/family
- For charity donations
- For sale online
- For sale at craft fairs, outdoor markets, etc.
- You are allowed sell finished items from the patterns found here. However, you may NOT, under any circumstances, use the photos found on this site for selling your items. If you are going to sell online, you should make your own items and photograph them to represent your own work.
- You may NOT copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, Facebook, or anywhere else. If you would like to share a pattern, simply share the link to the page instead. You are welcome to copy and paste a pattern into a document for printing or saving for personal use only.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site as teaching material and/or for online classes without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT use the free patterns found on this site to create video tutorials on YouTube or any other video platform, site, or blog.
- You may NOT post a translation of the patterns found on this site anywhere without expressed written consent from the designer/owner of this page.
- You may NOT create PDFs of the patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form, for intent to distribute to others or post on illegal pattern sharing sites. The revenue earned by ad traffic to this site is what allows for free patterns to be written and published. Without people visiting this site to view the patterns, there will be no traffic which means, no more free patterns.
- You may NOT copy any of the free patterns on this site, in part or as a whole, and claim them as your own pattern.
- You may NOT resell the free patterns found on this site, altered or in its original form.